8 pax showed up at Calvary this morning at 0530 or earlier. Unfortunately, one of them was not Frehley’s Comet, who had agreed/been voluntold to Q. He even confirmed with me that I meant this week, not next. Considering his advanced age and his Qs on Friday and Tuesday, I assumed he fell asleep in his ice bath the night before and thought about calling paramedics to his house, but I have no idea where he lives, so we decided to proceed with the workout instead. The pax were properly disclaimed with an ironclad warning not to do anything stupid and then we got started.
- SSH x 20 IC
- Windmills x 10 IC
- Prying squat x 2
- Neupert: 6 double swings EMOM x 10
- Complex: 3 swings, 2 cleans, 1 thruster L+R EMOM x 5
- Easy Strength: 3 sets of 5 single leg deadlifts, floor presses, upright rows, and double high pulls
- Snatches: 5:00 of snatches EMOM: 6 per side, 7 per side, 8 per side, 9 per side, 10 per side
- Carries: Cook Drill (overhead as far as you can, then rack, then suitcase) L+R with 1:00 rest in between
- Mary: :45 each of elbow plank, hollow body hold, and glute bridge
Done. Thanks for the takeout in COT, Urlacher
- The Functional Strength Challenge is May 22nd at 0700 at Olde Providence Elementary. If you’re posting at the kettlebell workouts regularly, you need to be there. Get signed up here. I took the liberty of signing up a few pax this morning that weren’t on there but should have been.
- Happy Hours start again next Wednesday at 5:30 at Seaboard in Matthews. See Hoover’s pre-blast here. The location of happy hour will move around, so keep an eye out for communication from the ent on Slack and the website.
- The August GrowRuck in Metro is filling up, so get signed up if interested. It’s a mix of team-building, leadership training, and personal accomplishment and is highly recommended. If you want more information or want to get trained up, reach out to Cheese Curd, Wild Turkey, Geraldo, or Hoover.
- Frehley’s texted me while I was driving home this morning to apologize for oversleeping. I told him we’d all been there and offered to let him make it up to the pax in a couple of weeks. He can’t have next week because Uncle Leo agreed to Q this morning!
- In honor of Frehley’s and to rub in that feeling of FOMO, I was able to find a This is Poison playlist on Spotify. It was surprising in a couple of ways: (i) the number of covers (even Ickey thought they had at least 12 minutes of original material) and (ii) the length of the playlist (over 3 hours!). Unfortunately, we had to cut it off at 45 minutes, but it’s good to know we could listen to Poison for a full week of workouts if we wanted to, which we don’t.
- Urlacher finally got his matching bell for doubles. Unfortunately for him, it’s a 28kg/62# bell, which can be challenging for some exercises. But I respect his moxie for going big!
- The Worm will be Qing at Swole next week. Come on out and support his VQ at the site!