10 pax showed up at Calvary for Wednesday’s edition of Meathead. While humid, the weather was still cool (for June). After a semi-solid disclaimer, we got down to business.
- SSH x 15 IC
- 2-handed swings x 15
- Windmill x 10 IC
- 2-handed swings x 10
- Squat and hold/pry x 5 IC
- 2-handed swings x 5
- Neupert: 10 sets of 5 double clean and military press
- Complex: 3 lawnmowers, 3 high pulls, 3 snatches EMOM for 10:00, switching sides every minute
- Easy Strength:
- 2 sets of 10 somersault squats
- 2 sets of 10 upright rows and merkins – super set
- 50 swings however you want
- Static hold: :20 overhead/:20 rack/:20 suitcase – singles or doubles, 1:00 rest. Repeato.
- Mary: 2:00 elbow plank to end of workout
COT: Thanks to Strange Brew for taking us out.
- Beer Run tomorrow at noon. Launching from Devil’s Logic. Often confused with the Beer Mile, the Beer Run has a much higher beer to running ratio, making it the preferred event for most pax. 6-12 beers and only 3-4 miles. See Slack or Tuck for more details.
- Muthaship GrowRuck – first weekend in August. Leadership training, F3 history, CSAUP, fellowship, all rolled into one. Approximately 80 pax have signed up with several attending from South Charlotte.
- The Crane Relay will be held on August 13th at 9pm. Teams of 5 battle for South Charlotte running supremacy. You’ll be home by 5 and your kids will never know you left and will wonder why you’re sleeping all day. You probably want to knock out your honey do list beforehand.
- Thanks to the pax for coming out the other day and following my lead. Sorry for the delayed backblast posting, but I had trouble getting logged into the site for some reason. Maybe I’ve upset Udder and/or Wingman…
- I keep bribing Strange Brew to come to workouts by giving him Wii games and controllers. It’s been great having him out with us and he’s been putting in hard work. Eardrum has also posted at Meathead (and Base Camp) 2 weeks in a row. He’s still working on picking up the movements, but he’s making great progress.
- The somersault squats a/k/a weighted monkey humpers were a huge hit, although some thought an exercise with two giant balls between your legs should have a more colorful name. I will leave that up to the more creative pax among us. I found that exercise on Instagram, where Joe Daniels of Swing This Kettlebell was doing them. He’s got huge quads, so they must work. There were plenty of complaints about quad soreness, so these will be making another appearance.
- I’ll be DR the next 2 weeks, but Unplugged and Soul Glo will be stepping up to lead the workouts. Keep an eye out for a new program in July that will incorporate more singles.