Ghost written by Voodoo on behalf of Frehley’s Comet, who is too old to figure out WordPress.
9 pax rolled into Calvary for our weekly dose of Wednesday metal. With Frehley’s on Q, a few things are guaranteed: (i) oldies on the boom box, (ii) inappropriate mumblechatter, and (iii) appropriate flatulence.
- SSH x 10 IC
- IW x 10 IC
- Prying squat x 1
- Neupert: 10 sets of 6 double swings
- Complex: Voodoo complex (1 swing, 1 high pull, 1 snatch, 1 clean, 1 squat, 1 press L, then R) for 5 rounds
- Easy strength: 5 sets of declining reps 8/7/6/5/4 of lawnmowers L/R, single leg deadlifts L/R, upright rows, merkins, double deadlifts.
- Mary: elbow plank x ~1:30 while we waited for Frehley’s to start his timer.
Announcements (stolen from Hoover’s excellent SACS backblast):
- Stoned-chicken SOB CSAUP
- If you didn’t get the newsletter on Thursday, use the FNG link to re-enter it.
- WTF, it’s a CSAUP not just another acronym
- Functional Strength Challenge, pick things up, put them down
- Rutbreaker, get out there and break a rut or 3
- 20 mile ruck with Purple Haze, beer and BBQ after
- Thanks to Frehley’s for taking the lead on Wednesday. He delivered a solid beatdown as usual. Great variety on the tunes as well, which is always a subject of conversation.
- Welcome to site and kettlebell FNG Logjam! He moved up to the doubles during his first workout and has even ordered some bells of his own. It sounds like he’s hooked!
- All of the bell workouts are looking for Qs, so raise your hand or we’ll just start putting people’s names on the list. When you Q, please write a backblast. If you don’t write a backblast, how will we know there was a workout???