Being a site Q for Asylum means that my Monday options are typically limited to Asylum or Asylum. However, with Banjo set on Q and co-site Q Swimmers an HC for posting, I accepted Gerber’s invite to Q Ignition on this extremely warm December morning.
I’m guessing Gerber wanted an easy way to start the week by asking a fat, non-runner who has had very limited posts in the past 2 months to Q a running AO. Add to that the fact that my only other Ignition Q was met with mixed reviews (7 miles, but very few exercises…), and our new local crazy guy who apparently loves his sleep, and you had the makings of a potential disaster. Even so, I decided to accept Gerber’s challenge and lead this awesome AO.
- Mosey around Middle School, back to the parking lot to circle up
- 20 Merkins (civilian count)
- Calf stretches
- Cherry pickers
- Quad stretching
- Mosey to Lawson entrance
- On Lightwood – 10 Speed Skaters (2 for 1) at each driveway on the left (approximately 14 of them)
- Mosey to Bennington Dr
- Triple Nickel on cul-de-sac
- Mike Tysons
- Reverse Lunges (2 for 1)
- Mosey to new club house w/ 10 jump squats at every intersection
- Mosey back to Lawson entrance – Gazelles circle back for 6 at the top and end of Five Forks
- Cobbler-led mosey back to start
- Thank you for leading us on the homeward mosey Cobbler
- Great work by everyone – I got 4.86mi as a Clydesdale / Gazelles got over 5
- Thank you Gerber for the invite
- We almost had an FNG (Prime) – He and Shake and Bake joined us for the warmup, then mysteriously disappeared during our mosey to Lawson – Thankfully, they showed up at Flash
- LORD I need the weight loss challenge!!!!