You’re reading this pre-blast because:
- You’re thinking about participating in GrowRuck 24 in the gateway to Gastonia, Charlotte NC
- You’re not doing GrowRuck 24 and you just need the reading material to keep you sane before your next conference call
- It’s 0500, you’re on the can, flipping through your phone and about to head out the door to a workout
If you don’t fit neatly into one of these categories, sound off in the comments. While you’re coming up with something witty to say, here are the top-ten reasons you should do GrowRuck in Charlotte, this year.
- When was the last time you played army in the woods with a bunch of your buddies? That corporate paintball trip doesn’t count. Even when you went all Apocalypse Now on Tucker from logistics, like you were some kind of Martin Sheen to his Marlon Brando. Next time Kyle from accounting offers you that crappy camo face-paint, just say no.
- You get to buy an expensive backpack. Why does the M get to have all the fun and spend all the money on pointless accessories? This is your opportunity to match her $ for $*.
- Because DREDD likes to talk .. and talk … and talk … and talk for 2 days. GrowRuck will give you plenty of that. Led by F3 Cadre, most notably Cadre DREDD. You will get to pontificate with and listen to the musing of the mind that brought us F3. While rucking your @$$ off. If you’ve ever been to Speed Ruck on Fridays (or any other Metro workout) with DREDD you’ll know what YHC means. Meet and learn from one of the founders of F3, DREDD aka: David Redding.
- Lack of sleep. GrowRuck starts at sundown and ends at sunrise or whenever the Cadre calls it. You’ll never see a better sunrise than at the end of a GrowRuck Tough or you won’t …
- Carry heavy things long distances. GoRuck was founded on the foundation of Special Forces training. Green Berets are well versed in shouldering heavy rucks through cities, mountains, jungles and deserts, in war and in peace. You’ll carry a ruck. and probably a sandbag or 9. If you’re really lucky someone will find a log for you to carry. Doesn’t this sound wonderful? Covid restrictions do not apply.
- It’s the perfect excuse to go train at Area 51’s premier (and only) ruck workout, SACS. It’s the best (and worst) ruck workout in South Charlotte. Winner of every prestigious new workout award (of which there are none). You’ll find your favorite regulars at 0515 SCMS parking lot including (but not limited to) Geraldo, Wild Turkey, Dora, and Cheese Curd. Reach out to one of them if you need a spare ruck.
- You get to be called a weirdo by people who have no idea what rucking is or why they should be doing it. Just wait until that carload of 20 somethings pulls up next to you at 2:37 AM and asks “what are you guys doing?” “What’s F3?” “Are you some kind of militia?” “That looks heavy. Is it?” “Hey my uncle stormed the capitol, will you say hi to him in prison?”
- It’s a CSAUP and makes for really cool stories to tell your kids, co-workers, and other pax. Like your favorite fishing story, “Man you should have been there, by the time we pulled this thing out of the water it was over 40 feet long and must have weighed 2-ga-jillion pounds. What Cadre hides their snack in the glove box of a rusty El Camino at the bottom of a lake, weighed down with cinder blocks, and conveniently has a rope tied to its front bumper for retrieval?”
- You get to put reflective gear on your ruck. And reflective gear has proven to be 100% effective at defending against, and repelling, small arms fire, mortar attacks, rocket propelled ordinance, fat girls on roller blades, ninja attacks, zombie hordes, gay vampires, gremlins, bigfoot, UFO abductions, el chupacabra, great white sharks, creepy little girls in horror movies, Jehovah’s witnesses, mimes, Rosie O’Donnell, that sham-wow guy, sith lords, decepticons, goth kids, charlie horses, purple nurples, and gingivitis. All in all reflective gear is the best accessory for your ruck.
- These things typically end with a cold beer, a cool 2×3 patch, and knowing you’ve done more by sunrise than most people will do all week.
Now you know, and knowing is half the battle.
* F3 does not take responsibility for pax choosing to match their M’s handbag spending $ for $. Any pax choosing to do so, will proceed at their own risk. Your safety is not F3’s responsibility, but is our priority and all pax are encouraged to modify as necessary. We are not professionals and F3 does not endorse the statements above nor recommends spending obscene sums of money, unless it’s at The F3 Gear Store or goruckdotcom (not a paid promotion).