- Daylight Savings Ends. Set your clocks BACK an hour (hence the workout theme)
- Holiday Party sign up now
- There are a ton of guys training for marathons coming up. Weirdos.
- No cars were harmed by rocks today.
Ye Naked Moleskin:
It has been a bit since I have Q’d a bootcamp, so thanks for bearing with me this morning. I am down to maybe 1 bootcamp a week these days with all of the running, so there was a high chance of multiple Q failures today. Glad Gummy was there to point them out. A lot of concern today on my timing thinking we were going to run over. Watch check: had everyone back to the cars before the clock read 08:01. Boom!
It was great getting back to the old Day Zero stomping grounds. Glad to see the green benches attached to the school are still there. Throwback with the dips/derkins/jump ups! Since they demolished half of the neighboring parking lot and put up a new building with a new parking lot (formerly Tuesday Mornings), it was time to finally check out what all the did. What a smooth surface! The kids today sleeping in the parking lot after a raucous night at Riccio’s have no clue how good they’ve got it. Didn’t see one needle or used condom. #easylivin
- With the backwards theme today, I can’t remember if Floor Slapper was late or early
- Alf beasted it in each round of the 12 islands of pleasure (I just came up with that. Keep or nah?). Turns out, Alf is also the whistleblower sparking the Duke Energy protests. He claims Joker knows where all the coal ash really is.
- Gummy still doesn’t do SSH even after a full hour warmup, although he admits that the imperial walkers were much easier at the end of a workout than the beginning. He’s also a little slow to figure out the backwards theme
- Bounce misses Spackler…and his musk (or is that vodka?)
- Hoover got in 3 miles before the run, although he tweaked his foot during the bootcamp. Ice up, son.
- Hopper won’t ever be faster than his son. Skipper has skinny and sharp looking elbows. I wasn’t about to try to pass him on the run back after his Dad told him to do whatever he needed to do to keep me from getting by him.
- Dig Dug and Levi are new to Slack and needed a full walk through from Hoover. I get it guys. It’s a little lame especially without the GIFs, but at least we won’t regret what we post when we run for office in 20 years.
- Jet Fuel is going trick or treating at my house next year. Why wait?
- Dollie x 20 in cadence
- Heels to Heaven x 20 ic
- Freddie Mercury x 20 ic
Mosey across parking for a time filler:
- Sprint from one light pole to the other and back
- Repeato x 4
Run to the home of the legendary DayZero AO (McApline Elementary). Head over to the green benches on the front of the school (another time filler)
- 10 derkins
- 20 jump ups
- 30 dips
- Clear evidence YHC hasn’t Q’d a workout in a while. This one didn’t seem right = should have been 10 jump ups, 20 derkins.
Run to the former Yellow Rose (RIP) parking lot. Not as creepy as it used to be. Head over to the new parking lot where Tuesday Morning used to be. There are 12 islands.
- Starting with the first island, do 12 reps of the called exercise. Next island = 11, and so on until you get to 1 at the last island.
- Round 1: merkins
- Round 2: romanian dead lifts (do all repetitions for each leg) – lots of modifying/whining on this one
- Run break – run old loop (Baybrook to Bevington to Carswell)
- Round 3: carolina dry docks
Run back to Calvary via Bevington to Elm to 51 stopping at the corner of Elm/51 for some monkey humpers as cars went by. Back to Calvary parking lot.
- Merkins x 10 ic
- Imperial Walkers x 10 ic
- SSH x 10 ic
Mosey back to the cars. Finished.
It was a chilly 36 degrees this morning. With a shovel flag planted firmly in the tundra, 11 men showed up at RockZero to kick off their post Halloween(s) sugar cleanse. With a countdown starting at 11, we did this workout backwards in honor of the end of Daylight Savings and a reminder to turn your clocks back tonight. That’s how it all went down.