It was another gloomy January day in Waxhaw. The temperature the night before said it was expected to be 53, but at wakeup was 43. Mad Dog and I teamed up to split the Q.
- Mosey from the parking lot past the circle to the bridge and back to the circle
- 20 Side Straddle Hops
- 20 Imperial Walkers
- Calf stretches
- Downward Dog
- Right Leg, Right Hand, Left Leg, Left Hand
- Start with 5 merkins from the circle at every other trip heading toward the top of the street, circling back for the 6.
- Since we skipped every other tree on the way up, we couldn’t leave the ones out that we skipped, so we went back down
hitting the skipped trees with 5 monkey humpers each tree.
- Mosey from the circle up to the rock pile for a lifting rock.
- Partner up
- 100 curls
- 100 overhead triceps
- 100 overhead press
- 100 standing chest press
- Run to the first corner and back
- Lunge walk to the corner
- Now, I didn’t want to add a new merkin, so instead I added a new plank motion. In a plank position, start out slow cadence, right foot, right hand, plank position, left foot left hand and continue with a faster cadence.
- Four laps around large parking lot with 10 reps each corner with the same exercise each lap (burpees, squats, big boys and the last
- Bonus lap of bomb jacks.
- Mosey back to COT
This was my first Q participation (Thanks Mad Dog for not having me do the whole time) in about 3 months after doing Mash and working my way back with other boot camps, dealing with a Sciatica issue that is feeling pretty good.
The PAX were in great spirits today and was a pleasure to co-lead. We reached around 3 miles in a close area. I was rusty when returning back to COT and may need to go back to Q school for it again 🙂
Thanks gentlemen for helping me provide some challenges today.
- Blood drive 01/30. Turnbuckle wasn’t present, but can provide the good details.
- Sledge was the 6th man and shared his experience with F3, in particular dropping an incredible 65 pounds so far and continuing. Excellent job Sledge 🙂