Twas the morning before Christmas, when all through the AO, all the PAX were converging, coming through the rainy gloom. The plan had been laid by the SiteQs with care, in hopes that pain would soon be doled out there. The PAX arrived, all snug in their cars, and Mermaid in his bright yellow and I in my black, had just stepped out to see if it was wet. When out on the blacktop there arose such a clatter, Semi-gloss had arrived and had forgotten his sleeves. Disclaimer was given and away we all ran, to COP for the THANG that began just like this:
Moleskine – St. Nick Edition
– Welcome to Anvil. For those who were visiting Anvil for the first time, yes this is a great AO and we are happy to host you. Feel free to come back and visit from time to time. Yes, it usually rains here. Today God stepped up his game. Good thing we were on high ground (build your house on the Rock). Hope you had a towel in the car … and a change of clothes.
– The field usually drains pretty well. Probably still does drain pretty well. Tough to drain well when the rain is coming down that hard, though. Many of us found out the hard way that (a) the muddy hill is slippery (very slippery, right Hairball?) and (b) it takes a special breed to enjoy sloshing through the muck 4 times (his mother was a mudder?)
– Props to the folks who performed the triple nickle on the slip-n-slide formerly known as North Face. Very glad to see no one was hurt. There’s a reason we have a disclaimer.
– Great time at the coffeteria after. Seems that most were able to stop by, lured in by the promise of a hot cup of coffee, no doubt. Sorry if you missed it, hopefully you can stop and join us next time. The 1st F only makes the 2nd F all the sweeter.
– That’s all I got. Feel free to comment/banter/heckle below.
Merry Christmas, Area 51!