The shovel flag was planted on the grounds of McAlpine and 25 (including 4 FNGs) hearty souls set off for another #F3DayZero painfest. Bananas and Radar took the Q and the East Meck HS buddies were clearly in cahoots with a plan to crush the will and spirit of the Pax.
Bananas Q – Hit ‘Em High
A little baby jog around the parking lot then circle up for COP:
- SSH, 20 (cadence)
- IWs, 20 (cadence)
- Squat, 20 (cadence)
- Merkins, 20 (cadence)
Mosey down to the field.
- 25 merkins, sprint ~100 yds to end of field, 25 merkins, sprint back, plank
- 20 diamond merkins, sprint ~100 yds to end of field, 20 diamond merkins, sprint back, plank
- 25 CDDs, sprint ~100 yds to end of field, 25 CDDs, sprint back, plank
- 10 burpees, sprint ~100 yds to end of field, 10 burpees, sprint back, plank
Mosey to playground for pain stations…3 rounds of:
- 10 pull-ups
- 20 dips
- 20 LBCs
- 20 merkins
Radar Q – Hit ‘Em Low
Mosey back to field for some calf raises…20 (cadence) each set. 1st set – feet out, 2nd set – feet straight, 3rd set – feet in.
Partner up (size matters) and line up abreast on the beginning cone with an eye on the 3 cones set ahead ~20 yds apart. Perform called exercise at each cone, partner drag to first cone, flapjack partner drag to 2nd cone, partner carry to last cone, flapjack partner carry to first cone on way back, sprint back to the beginning, including 1 backwards sprint back. Chair plank while waiting for all the Pax to finish. Called exercises:
- Deep squats (touch the sides of your shoes) – 25 count
- Deep squat high jumps – 10 count
Chair plank hold for one minute followed by another round of calf raises (see above). Called exercises:
- Duck jump squats – 25 count
- Sister Mary Catherine – 25 count
Chair plank hold for one minute. Mosey back to parking lot for 6 MoM, with a lunge walk up the hill for good measure.
Mary: Flutter kicks, 50 (cadence); Russian twists, 20 (cadence)
- A lot of all over body pain was felt today as Bananas and Radar went on the attack early and often. Their plan to break down the Pax this morning was obvious. Survival was questionable…but the best that could be hoped for.
- The groans started early when Bananas circled the Pax up in the side parking lot for COP. While McAlpine has the best grass in all of Area 51, it also has the roughest parking lot and the call for merkins had everyone wishing they had grabbed their gloves. However, the abrasions were quickly forgotten when the real fun began and O2 deprivation allowed us only to focus on the task at hand.
- Bugeater worked out front on most of the sprints. Nice job! However, the rules committee is reviewing whether he was aided by the same nitrous-oxide he brought out to last week’s Day Zero. #anotherpairofshortsruined
- The call for 20 diamond merkins and 25 CDDs on back to back sets was unsavory and crushed all chatter in its wake. The pain stations finished off the upper body in grand fashion. One of the Pax commented that is seemed as though Bananas was trying to pack an hour workout into his 30 minute Q. Nice work brother!
- Radar is building quite the reputation for breaking down the legs and today he came with routine to bolster that notion. And while he looked more like a ballerina when leading the calf raises, the burn felt by all the Pax kept us from commenting. No one wants an angry Radar.
- All the called leg exercises, the chair planks and the partner drags and carries brought big time pain…for those who completed them all. Apparently, Bananas was under the impression that once you Q the first half of the workout, you can take some plays off in the second half. But, alas, this ain’t Clemson football.
- YHC was partnered with Radar during the drags and carries and was chastised constantly for my form, mostly while I was being dragged and carried. YHC wasn’t aware you could mess that up. However, the emotional violation was the least of the worries, after some questionable feel ups. #2ndbase #3rdbase.
- Awesome work today by the 2.0s and FNGs…keep coming out.
- T-claps to Stagecoach and Champagne for double down at Day Zero and the pre-Rock kettlebell and rope workout. And to Stagecoach for wearing his ruck. And to The Hoff for wearing his weigh vest…who knew they made a 5XL weight vest to go across this man’s chest.
- July 4th convergence at South Charlotte Middle School – 0700
- RSVP to the Pig Pickin – 7/13 at OP baseball fields
About the author