Thirty men (including 1 FNG) put on the big boy pants this morning to experience the Best of Skunkworks. Not a lot of surprises here…
Greatest Hit #1: 100 Burpees. 10 minute cap.
Mosey to Ring Road
Greatest Hit #2: Partner up. KB Farmer Sprint with 10 merkin chase. Take it to main entrance.
Grab a plate from the grass, line for….
Greatest Hit #3: Hairburners.
- Pax 1: Hairburn 2 x 25 yards
- Pax 2-end of line: various KB exercises
A Few Minutes of Mary, Pt. 1:
- KB Flutter x 10 (KB press)
- Flutter x 10
- KB Dolly x 10
- Dolly x 10
- KB Rosalita x 10
- Rosalita x 10
Greatest Hit #4: Hairburner chase sprints to the house.
- Pax 1: burn hair
- Rest of team 5 merkins, then chase sprint with KBs.
- Repeat for .3 miles.
A Minute of Mary, Pt. 2:
- The backblast for the original Skunk Works is lost to posterity (I can’t find it–Google black belts, if you can please post in comments), but I know this: we started with 100 burpees on May 22, 2012 (I can still see the look on NIbbler’s face). And so I thought it was fitting to honor the #BigBang with a 100 burpee reprisal this morning. I don’t think burpees ever get easier, but we’ve gotten stronger.
- What Runstopper and Bulldog lack in height, they make up with shortness. Also, they are burpee machines. Both are in great shape, no doubt, but there is a decided #dwarfmanburpeeadvantage. I think Runstopper knocked out his 100 in under 5 min. Bulldog wasn’t far behind, though I am not sure. I was concentrating on not yakking up my spleen. Everyone, it appeared, knocked out their 100, though. Even Hops with his Three-Toed-Sloth Burpees.
- Lots of strong work on the KB Sprint Chases. Big crowd waiting for those of us with man-sized bells.
- Look, just the threat of hairburners made runners out of two non-runners, and they fled to Fast Twitch. Hope you puked your guts out. For those who chose to #embracethesuck, they got a couple of rounds on out and backs but the #crowdpleaser was pushing them back to the parking lot, a little over a 1/4 mile away. Lots of fun.
- T-Claps to Geraldo who has turned into a hairburner beast and for Crab Cake who actually brought a present to celebrate one year: a bottle of Woodford Reserve Bourbon. It would have come in handy this morning to deaden the pain, but we’ll save it for the June 8, A51 Pool Party in a few weeks (sign up).
- One year ago, we had two workouts in Area 51. By Monday we’ll have 16, with three new ones this week alone. But apart from quantity, the quality has grown as well. We are faster and stronger physically. We are better men. We are stronger leaders. Great work, guys. Looking forward to the next year and more.