8 pax posted in the cold morning air at Calvary this morning for the first episode of Meathead for 2021. This would be the second workout of the new kettlebell program. After a quick disclaimer for a veteran crew, we started to shake off the cold.
- SSH x 20 IC
- IW x 10 IC
- Prying squat x 2
Neupert: 10 sets of 6 double swings EMOM
Complex: The Goshawk: 8 goblet squats, 20 meter suitcase carry for 8 sets (64 squats and 160m of carries). Don’t put the bell down the entire time.
- Single leg deadlift – 2 sets of 5 reps per side
- Floor press – 2 sets of 5
- Lawnmower rows – 2 sets of 5 reps per side
- Cleans: 4 sets of 10 reps (doubles if you can)
Single bell complex: 5 swings, 5 cleans, 5 snatches, 5 presses, 5 reverse lunges per side. Repeato
- Flutter press x 20 IC
- American Hammer x 10 per side OYO
- Bulldog x 10 OYO
- Elbow plank until time is up
- Blood drive coming up on 2/19 at Brace YMCA. Save your blood until then since you’re within 6 weeks.
- Please sign up to Q at the gear workouts. The formula is easy (see the pre-blast here).
- Thanks for coming out this morning and putting in a strong effort on the new strength program. With the low reps, the key is to make sure you’re (i) focusing on form and (ii) using an appropriate weight to push yourself. All of the pax that came out there did that, including borrowing a second bell when needed.
- It was good to have High Tide back out there with us after the holidays. The Worm is 2 for 2 in the new strength program, so he must really like it. Still no sign of Frehley’s Comet, but apparently he’s rediscovered his love of boot camps since he was at The Maul with Madame Tussaud.
- We almost had a row between Soul Glo (Ohio State) and Ickey Shuffle, High Tide, and Unplugged (Alabama), but cooler heads prevailed and we decided to let the teams settle it on the field. Those of us from ACC schools quietly minded our own business…
- Feel free to sound off with any other tidbits you want memorialized on the interwebs forever.