Happy Friday everyone, Ackbar here! Today was another cold southern morning, which may be muggy and warm the next. It’s the last of the month, so that means Recalculating’s Amazing Race! Distance-wise, my Pokemon Go’s tracker clocked in 3.5-4 kms. It’s what I got…I’m a dork I know it. Everyone busted their tails today, well done, and here’s how it went down.
- Mosey to the Middle School parking lot, as usual.
- 20 Side Straddle Hops (Recal sorta ended at 19, many were confused)
- 20 Merkins
- A beloved Calf Stretch (I can hear Damascus’ approval from afar)
- (It’s possible I missed something, I was in a fog)
- One more Mosey around the parking lot
Recalculating divided us into teams of 3 for the Amazing Race. 5 stops. And it went like this:
- Stop #1: 50 Bobby Hurley’s in front of the path toward Rudy’s Shed. Hurley indeed…
- Stop #2: 50 Donkey Kicks at Rudy’s Shed (They add up.)
- Stop #3: 40 Overhead Presses with evil cinderblocks in the HS parking lot (“It’s a trap!”)
- Stop #4: 25 Mike Tysons in the other HS parking lot (there was much rejoicing, yay).
- Stop #5: 50 Step Ups in front of the HS (they add up quickly!).
- After each stop we return to the front of the MS for 5 burpees.
Here are our teams and results, and thank you Recal for sending me this!
Gold Medal Team #5
Silver Medal Team #3
Bronze Medal Team #2
Aluminum Medal Team #1
Tin Medal Team #4
After the race, there was a lot of Mary-ing with extra time available, as every team finished! Moseyed back to the MS Parking Lot, and wrapped up.
- Everyone busted their butts today. It was also awesome to see that everyone finished with extra time! We all finished the race, so everyone won! Gold stars for everyone!
- I confess that I was not in top shape today, DRAGGING…but my teammates Bottlecap and Schneider were super encouraging. Thank you my brothers!
- Sorry I can’t post the map on the Backblast…I like to think I’m computer savvy, in this case I’m stumped. You’ll have to use your imaginations!
- Thank you Recalculating for leading Impromptu today! Indeed it was an Amazing Race!
- The Father/Daughter dance is on March 6th. Sign up is at markthismoment.com
- There were many prayers lifted, spouses, parents, in-laws, and I believe many left unsaid. Pray, think positive thoughts, we carry each other, lighten the loads, and the world is made right.
Signing off, may the Force be with you!