A few weeks ago, Christmas did what any responsible site Q would do and reached out to gauge my interest in Qing Sparta. Of course, I said I’d be honored, but I was a little baffled since, as Hoover can tell you, I usually ask pax to Q at the last minute so they’re less likely to say no. Anyway, fast forward to the appointed day and 8 men showed up in the parking lot next to Seaboard.
0515 rolls around and off we go, heading down Trade Street to the pitch black greenway (no need for headlamps, boys!). After a brief jog down the greenway, we turn left into Matthews Elementary and run along the baseball fence to the big lot in the back. Circle up. After a (very) brief disclaimer, we got to work.
- SSH x 16 IC
- IW x 10 IC
- Windmill x 10 IC
- Low slow squat x 10 IC
- Peter Parker x 10 IC
- Merkins x 10 IC
- Parker Peters x 10 IC
Partner 1 heads to the baby track for four corners:
- 5 burpees at corner 1
- 10 jump squats at corner 2
- 20 LBCs at corner 3
- 15 CDDs at corner 4
- Head back to the lot to meet your partner.
Partner 2 heads to home plate on the baseball diamond:
- Bear crawl to 1st base
- Backward run to 2nd base
- Lunge walk to 3rd base
- Sprint home
- Head back to the lot to meet your partner.
At the lot, 5 dumbocrats (merkins with feet on partner’s shoulders) each. Repeat this circuit 3 times, then head to the school wall to avoid the invading Peak 51 pax.
- Peoples’ chair on the wall: regular, right foot up, regular, right foot down
- Head to the basketball court for some suicides
- Round 1 – start standing and touch half court and full court
- Round 2 – start on your belly, touch 1/4, half, 3/4, and full court – glute bridge for 1:00
- Round 3 – start on your back, touch full court, 3/4, half, and 1/4.
- Back to the wall for some balls to the wall with 10 counts
Run back to Trade Street the way we came (except the Q missed the sidewalk so we ran in the grass instead). Squat hold for instructions at Trade Street – run to John Street, stopping at every light for 5 merkins. I have no idea how many lights there were, but it was over 10. Hold for the 6 and then head to the train tracks. Partner 1 runs down one street and partner 2 down another until you meet in the middle for 5 hand slap merkins. After we got going, the pax informed me that the cut through between the streets was waaaaaay down there, so I told everyone to stop for their merkins, then head back.
- Dying cockroach x 16 IC
- Superman with Y and W arms and some 10 count holds
- Box cutters x 16 IC
- Elbow plank for ~:30 until 6:15
Done. COT with the Peak 51 pax.
- Slaughter (F3 Nation Nantan) will be Qing Centurion tomorrow at Amelie’s, across the street from Charlotte Catholic. I certainly recommend attending to see some pax from the other side of Area 51 and SOB and also to meet Slaughter without posting to Metro and getting dropped.
- F3 Nation 10 year anniversary will be 10/8-10/10 in Wilmington, NC (F3 Cape Fear hosting). It should be a great opportunity to meet pax from different regions as well as some of the head honchos within F3 (like Slaughter, Dredd, Dark Helmet, maybe OBT). There will be family activities and I know some pax from South Charlotte have a Slack channel and are trying to figure out lodging and clown cars. If you can make it, I recommend you attend!
- Blood Drive on 10/29 at Matthews Town Hall. You can sign up by going to the Red Cross website and searching for F3 and scrolling down to the right event.
- Gumby finally emerges from reverse hibernation for stretching at the scout hut on 9/8. Reach out to Swiss Miss for details.
- I don’t do a lot of boot camps these days since
I can’t keep up with Orange Whip and Alf I’m usually trying to meet mileage goals and lead kettlebell workouts, so I usually look through some old backblasts to get ideas of what’s worked in the past (or not). Today’s workout was an amalgamation of workouts I and other pax have led at RockZero, the Matrix, and SOFAWIB (#RIP those last 2). The mileage was a little below standard (I had about 3.75 miles), but I hope everyone felt like they got a good workout in.
- Thanks to the pax for posting and following my lead, even when I told everyone to meet between 2 streets that don’t actually connect (at least not within a reasonable distance). I also made them bear crawl on a baseball diamond after telling them not to wear gloves. #sorrynotsorry
- Thanks to Christmas and Madison for your leadership of the site and for inviting me to come out and Q. I know it takes effort and sometimes the numbers can be thin, but the pax appreciate it.
- Please add comments for anything that I missed and I’ll see you in the gloom.