YHC hit the snooze button 1 too many times this morning and then caught 3 of 5 lights on the way to the AO this morning, so I pulled in right as the clock rolled around to 5:30. I expected to find a lot full of pax who would be heckling me while I unloaded my bells. However, all I found was The Worm and two random cars parked down by the playground. The Worm is too kind to bust your balls for being late, so we chatted as I unloaded and then got to work around 5:33.
- SSH x 10 IC
- Windmill x 10 IC
- Prying squat x 3
- Halo x 5 each way
- 5 x waiter carry down to the curb, switch arms and return
- 8 rounds of 10 1H swings with :20 rest (switch hands each round)
- 5 sets of 5 DCL/5 DFS (complete all cleans, then all squats each set, then recover before next set)
- 8 rounds of 10 1H swings with :20 rest
- Blood drive on 10/29 at Matthews Town Hall
- F3 10-year anniversary in Wilmington.
- Thank goodness The Worm posted this morning. I knew Mighty Mite was DR at the beach, but Urlacher had HCed the night before and I thought this was Unplugged’s Swole week. Uncle Leo must have been sick or something because he’s always there. Ditto for Wild Turkey. Ickey Shuffle couldn’t be in the mountains because his kids have school. I know Hoover made it home from Dad’s Camp because I saw the picture he posted on Twitter. Frehley’s is probably still recovering from his 35th anniversary (congrats!). All of you can make it up to me by posting at Meathead on Wednesday, where Urlacher will be our Q.
- I’ve had a few of these low turnout workouts with The Worm over the last few months and have really enjoyed them. It’s a great opportunity to get a little more 2nd F than you would in a big group, but you still have the accountability to push yourself. I know I wouldn’t have done double front squats if he hadn’t been there.