Roughly 12 hours after I’d gotten back to NC I got a message from TB. “Now that your back, can I get you on the schedule to Q Diesel?” He was looking for Q’s in August and it was only June so I figured why not. I’m sure by then I’ll be in the swing of things…. 2 posts later and it was August already. Well, I’m not about to back out on my commitment, so I guess I better make it worth while.
9 pax showed up with coupons in tow…and even though it was a cool 72 degrees, the humidity made sure we were all uncomfortable from the onset. Chastain made sure I know that Diesel was a no-running workout, and luckily TB had passed that along. 5:30 and off we went…well we didn’t actually go anywhere, but we got the thing started.
Warmup: 4 rounds total
- SSH x 20
- Mountain Climbers x 10
- Cherry Pickers / Calf Stretch / Moroccan Nightclub / Low Slow Squat (Rotated through these as the 3rd exercise each round)
- 550 Rep Challenge
- 30 minutes – get as many reps in as you can of the 5 workouts below. Start at 20 reps in round 1 and drop by 2 reps each round. If you make it through the final 2 rep round that is 550 reps total.
- Coupon Overhead Lunge Walk (2 steps = 1 rep)
- Coupon Swings
- Coupon Squat Proess
- Crooked Coupon Merkins
- Coupon Tricep Extension (Audible to coupon curls)
- Bring you coupon to the trailer and put it on your lap for a 2 minute weighted wall sit
- Coupons back to COT and still had a minute so we held plank until time.
- Iron Pax Challenge starting in Sept – sign up now at https://f3greenwood.com/ironpax-form/
- Black Hawk is looking for Qs – reach out to Shop Dog if you want to lead
- F3 Wahaw 2 year anniversary convergence on Sept 6 at Cuthbertson – All other sites shut down that day. Probably a better place to get more info.
I learned a few things things today.
- Damascus requires a calf stretch in all workouts and thinks they are acceptable mid workout as well…sorry that I couldn’t bring additional calf stretches to this party.
- After a brutal workout, Damascus cannot put together a well thought out sentence….see title above.
- “If you can’t do it, don’t Q it” <— I encourage no one to abide by this rule. If you can breeze through your own Q, you probably aren’t pushing yourself of the PAX nearly hard enough.
- The Diesel crew comes to work. If you don’t frequent this site I encourage you to give it a shot. Its an awesome change of pace to put the miles to the side and spend 45 minutes pushing some heavy things around.
All in all, it was a solid morning. Thanks to the guys that came out and pushed themselves. Always a pleasure.