I rolled into Calvary this morning unsure what I’d find. Summer is always tough with travel and the hot/humid weather. Fortunately, Mighty Mite was there when I showed up and Frehley’s pulled in as I did. I busted out a few kettlebells and a new speaker I’d picked up on Amazon and we got to work.
- SSH x 20 IC
- Prying squat x 2
- Windmills x 10 IC
- Halos x 5 each way
- Merkins x 10 on your bells
- 100 swing set – 10 swings, 1+1 press, 15 swings, 2+2 presses, 25 swings, 3+3 presses, 50 swings, 4+4 presses
- Complex – The Eagle/Goshawk – 8 squats, 20 meter carry x 8 sets. Use doubles or singles.
- Easy Strength – 4 sets x 5 reps of each of the following exercises:
- Single leg deadlifts (per leg)
- Floor presses
- Double cleans
- Static holds – :20 double overhead/:20 double racked/:20 farmer holds. 4 sets with 1:00 rest between each round.
- Snatches – 10 snatches per minute for 10:00
Mary (1:00 each):
- Hollow body hold
- Glute bridge
- Hard-style elbow plank
COT – RockZero mixed things up by joining us for COT this morning.
- HDHH on Wednesday at Stumptown Station, probably at 5:30, but keep an eye on Slack for more details.
- Crane Relay – October 13th at 9pm. Teams take turns running 3, 4, and 5 mile loops.
- F3 Foundation survey – If you’re on the F3 Nation mailing list, you should have received an invitation to a survey for the F3 Foundation. The survey is intended to provide direction for the Foundation’s efforts. It’s very short, so please fill it out if you’ve received it. If you’re not on the mailing list, please go to F3Nation.com and click the F3 Newsletter Signup button on the left.
- F3 10 year anniversary – F3 Cape Fear (Wilmington, NC) is hosting the 10-year celebration October 8-10. Originally scheduled for January, the event was postponed due to COVID. Visit the website for more information.
- I decided to upgrade my speaker to get a little more range out of the Bluetooth. It can be hard to hear the mumblechatter while keeping the music loud enough for the pax to hear. Unfortunately, the new speaker’s range wasn’t quite as long as hoped. On the bright side, it did seem a little louder.
- Today’s playlist was provided by Spotify’s Van Halen radio, which received 2 thumbs up from the pax. It can be hard to find music that spans the decades, but this one worked pretty well. I’ll have to file it away for the future.
- Everyone was pushing hard out there. Between the Goshawk complex and the snatches, this workout was full of unsavory exercises. Thanks for coming out and pushing moving some iron with me this morning.