Dora and I pulled into the parking lot only to find Tiger Rag’s family truckster in the bus lot. Wild Turkey then pulled. Tiger Rag returned from his warm up before heading to off for some track work. Cheese Curd rolled in then finally Focker showed up. We emptied Dora’s trunk of sandbags and a water jug. Each Pax rucked, grabbed a coupon and we were off to Davie Park. We swapped coupons along the way so no one felt cheated. We made our way to the nice field turf pitch and circled up for COP.
- SSH x 20
- Imperial Walkers x 20
- Low Slow Squats x 20
We gathered the sandbags, 80#, 60#, 40#, & 35sh#, connecting them with carabiners creating the #PainTrain. Four pax got under the PainTrain while the fifth grabbed the water jug. the Pax put the PainTrain on their shoulders then moved two corners at a time, after which they rotated moving up one sandbag while someone picked up the water jug. We did this for two rounds so each Pax had two rotations under each sandbag.
Next we did some simulated log PT, including squats, shoulder to shoulder presses, and oblique dips.
A quick check of the watch and we had some time to head back.
- No time, we arrived 2 minutes late.
- Strong effort by the Pax today, they were real gamers and up for the task moving heavy stuff with purpose. The workout isn’t called SACS for nothing.
- With GrowRuck approaching, I thought it would be a good idea (was it?) to bring some log PT and heavy stuff today. The water jug was a wrinkle but a staple at every rucking event. It’s not to heavy most of the time but he an awfully awkward thing to carry.
- Not a lot of PT today and that was the point. The objective was to carry heavy stuff, and learn to rotate coupons as a team.
- Dora picked YHC up in his new car, which was definitely dragged down by the extra junk in the trunk today.
- Speaking of junk in the trunk, Tiger Rag asked Cheese Curd if he empties his car of all the gear in the back of his to which Cheese Curd replied “Its a company car”, enough said.
- Welcome back to Dora after a few weeks away, making this his first #Respect post since his birthday last week.
- Dora and I passed Tiger Rag on the way in, he was on his warmup run but saw a car bumper in the middle of the road and took it upon himself to move out of the way.
- Cheese Curd was flat out moving and hauling arse with the 80# sandbag on the way out to Davie Park. A week off from F3 and he was fresh aa a daisy. The 80# sandbag also seemed to cut a lot of the chatter out from Cheese Curd.
- Kotters to Focker who we haven’t seen in some time.
- Thanks to M. Cheese Curd for all of the carabiners.
- Wild Turkey, fresh off his Boy Scout camping trip, was killing it. He rucked with Tolkien at scout camp and I’m sure there’s drone footing somewhere.
- Thanks to Tiger Rag for the take out.
- Thanks to Cheese Curd for the opportunity to lead and please sound off with any mumble chatter.