YHC arrived not knowing who might show up for this week’s edition of SACS. Dora was a soft commit last night, Prohibition DM’d me say he might show up. Cheese Curd indicated that he would be there so I had that going for me. When I pulled in Wild Turkey was the lone car waiting. He was probably questioning why he was there, like Cameron Frye sitting in his car talking to himself before picking up Ferris Bueller. Cheese Curd finally pulled in, and then Hoover arrived. Hoover took his sweet time getting his ruck out of the car and on his back. We were off when the big man rucked up. The D- Day WOD: 1 Mile Ruck to Davie Park
- 77 Ruck Squats
- 77 Ruck Push-Ups
- 77 Ruck Deadlifts
- 77 Shoulder Press
1 Mile Ruck back to SCMS
- Flutter Kicks ruck overhead x 20
- LBCs x 20
- Rosalita ruck overhead x 20
- Hello Dollies x 20
- Heels to Heaven x 20
- Cheese Curd asked me last week if I could take the Q this week. YHC didn’t have a plan until late yesterday afternoon when I spotted the GORUCK Sandbag Ruck Training (SRT) program monthly WOD courtesy of Cadre DS. The WOD didn’t require a sandbag, so it was only an RT WOD.
- June 6th will mark 77 years since D-Day thus the 77 reps for each exercise. Makes me want to watch “Saving Private Ryan” or “Band of Brothers” soon.
- Thanks to Hoover for the speaker and appropriate AC/DC playlist this morning. YHC intended to bring a speaker but forgot on the wait out the door this morning #QFail.
- Cheese Curd was fresh from his family’s trip to Dollywood. He says they had a good time and that it’s quite the place for people watching.
- I originally thought about doing an out and back for the mile buy in/buy out but Wild Turkey really doesn’t like staying on the SCMS campus. Plus the soccer pitch at Davie park is quite plush.
- Wild Turkey readily admitted he didn’t finish all of his merkins, like admitting you didn’t eat all your veggies. I think he opted for the “knee-assisted” push-up as well.
- Hoover is looking strong coming back from a minor set-back with a stress fracture in his foot.
- There may not have been an Ohio band on the playlist but we did discuss the Black Keys’ new album, so that counts for something Wild Turkey right?
- Cheese Curd lost count some where, and his ruck presses didn’t seem to get higher that his visor lid. JK, CC was putting in the work with a 40# ruck.
- There was some discussion about hoses, whose hose was heavier, something to that effect.
- Thanks to Wild Turkey for the take out.
- Thanks to Cheese Curd for the opportunity to lead and please sound off with any mumble chatter.