YHC pulled into the parking lot at 0510 to find only Udder getting his pregame on with his foam roller. Pretty soon Wild Turkey, Focker, Cheese Curd, Witch Doctor, and site FNG No-See-Um rolled in. Cheese Curd unloaded his car of sandbags, the Pax rucked up, grabbed a sandbag each and we were off to Davie Park. When we got to Davie Park we headed to the soccer pitch with the nice field turf and circled up for some COP.
- SSH x 20
- Imperial Walkers x 20
- Windmills x 20
We moseyed over to a goal line and lined up for nearly 2 rounds of the following:
- Bear crawl sandbag drags to the penalty box, ruck back with your sandbag
- Lunge Walk to the penalty box, ruck back with your sandbag
- Low crawl sandbag drags to the penalty box, ruck back with your sandbag
- Bent Over Row x 10 ruck to the opposite goal line
- Sandbag toss to the penalty box, ruck back with your sandbag
- Shoulder to shoulder x 10 with the sandbag, ruck to the opposite goal line
- Upright Row x 10, ruck to the opposite goal line
- Overhead presses with the sandbag, ruck to the opposite goal line
A quick check of the watch and we had some time to head back.
- Flutter Kicks ruck overhead x 20
- LBCs ruck overhead x 20
- Rosalita ruck overhead x 20
- Hello Dollies x 15
- Great turnout this morning, possibly a SACS record, definitely more PAX than I expected, good to see them show up for some Ruck/Sandbag fun
- GrowRuck 24 is coming (queue Game of Thrones meme) and the training starts now. YHC thought I’d bring a sample of some GORUCK Good Livin’ with some mileage (2.25sh) crawls and sandbag PT. This format is very similar to the GORUCK Cloverleaf events where you ruck to a destination then do a WOD and ruck to the next destination. If you get a chance to do one, sign up, its a good gateway GORUCK event.
- I don’t know what Udder was doing to his foam roller, but that’s between him and his foam roller.
- Cheese Curd got to empty all the junk in his trunk and put all of that gear to use. Glad he had all of those sandbags with the number of Pax that showed up today. I think some may need to invest in some sandbags as well, just sayin’
- Udder is coming of of his ruck retirement and is in and paid for the GrowRuck, welcome back.
- Cheese Curd is usually the first one in the parking lot, but I think his pre-game routine took longer than expected.
- Welcome No-See-Um from F3 in Tampa. He’s traveling for work and looked us up for a workout. Have Ruck Will Travel He’s a seasoned GRT (GORUCK Tough), completed a number of GORUCK events including a Heavy and a 50 mile Star Course.
- Not sure if No-See-Um’s description of his 50 miler has deterred Wild Turkey from the 50 miler in Jacksonville this fall.
- The bear crawl sandbag drags and low crawl sandbag drags were crowd pleasers. You’re welcome.
- Welcome site FNG Witch Doctor who I don’t think knew what he signed up for this morning, maybe some hiking with weight.
- Kotters to Focker who’s been MIA the past few weeks.
- Witch Doctor, Focker and No-See-Um all were wearing grey shirts and black shorts which confused Cheese Curd who thought he was talking to Focker but actually was talking to Witch Doctor.
- Look out for some more ruck training opportunities over the summer as the Pax gets geared up for the GrowRuck.
- Thanks to Wild Turkey for the take out.
- Thanks to Cheese Curd for the opportunity to lead and please sound off with any mumble chatter.