On Tuesday, October 21st, at 0515, PAX from the South Area will converge at Community House Middle School (9500 Community House Rd.,Charlotte, NC 28277) to run an all-out timed mile. It doesn’t just stop there, you’ll get a full bootcamp or Running workout afterwards – choose your own pill.
Why run a timed Mile? Well, hopefully it answers one of these questions for you.
- I’m not a runner, but where’s my Fitness Level?
- I want to dial in my run training, but what paces should I be training at?
- When is the last time I ran a Mile for Time – my high school fitness test?
The Agenda for the day:
- 0515 – Kickoff the Warm-up with Bratwurst. No one can run “fast” by being cold, so we’ll do a proper warm-up with some Fellowship Pace and dynamic running drills.
- 0530 – Timed Mile – We’ll have a Start / Finish Clock, timing verification, intra-Area51, and you-vs-you competitions. This Preblast will be updated with a sign-up list to make sure your name and team are recorded.
- 0545 – Red Pill – Continue with Bratwurst through a 2 mile progression run and cool-down off-campus.
- 0545 – Blue Pill – Continue with QIC (to be named later) for a Bootcamp workout.
- 0610 – COT with recognition of accomplishments – Personal records, biggest improvements, best prediction, and any other categories we can think of. Prizes TBD.