Kicked off 2022 at Anvil with a basic old-school beatdown. Nothing fancy. 2ish Miles with lots of bodywork.
Pulled into the lot @ 5:20am giving myself plenty of time. Passed a random car with their lights on, parked in the wrong area of the AO. Maybe a passport challenge PAX? 5:30 rolled around, 6 more PAX showed, but the random car never ejected its driver. Oh well, we’ll run a lap by just to make sure. Lap completed, driver shaken by the presence of 7 men running around his car, but alas, he decided against joining us. Oh well, off we went into the gloom.
Mosey our way around to the turf semi-circle.
CoP upon arrival at the semi-circle:
- SSH x 15
- Hillbillies x 15
- Mountain Climbers x 15
- LSM x 15
- LSS x 15
Karaoke and High Knees down the main straight to the grassy knoll for 11’s
WAVE 1: 11s on the Grassy Knoll
- Starting at the top of the hill, run down, CDDs x 10
- Backward run up the hill, Jump Squat x 1
- Repeato down/up with decreasing CCDs and increasing Jump Squats until we get to CCD x1 and Jump Squats x 10.
Mosey to the “Avenue of Trees”
WAVE 2: BOMBS down the avenue
- BOMBS down the avenue.
- B – Burpees x 5
- O – Outlaws (Right x10, Left x10)
- M –Merkins x 15
- B – Big Boy Sit-Ups x 20
- S – Squats x 25
Mosey over to the gym wall, grab a seat
WAVE 3: Shoulder Work
- Assume the ‘People’s Chair’ position. Overhead Claps (on my up) x 30
- Plank Walk / BTW Wall Walk across the flat wall
- PAX line up abreast, across from the wall, in plank position.
- 1st PAX gets up, heads to the wall and BTW ‘wall walks’ across
- Next PAX plank walks to the beginning, then BTW ‘wall walks’ across
- When PAX reach the end of the wall, return to plank walk back to starting position
- Back to ‘People’s Chair’, Overhead Claps (on my up) x 40
- Repeato Plank Walk / BTW Wall Walk but in the opposite direction
- One more round of ‘People’s Chair’ and Overhead claps x 30
Mosey back the Avenue of Trees and ran two more sets of B.O.M.B.S. back the other way.
Indian run back to launch.
Mary until time is called
Called time and COT.
- After last week’s Thighland workout by Abba, many PAX in attendance were feeling the backward runs up the hill. 7s may have been more appropriate but the 11s really made us feel the burn!
- The BTW Walks helped each PAX show off their own distinct form. Some bad, none great (YHC included). Having that pole in the way ensured we had to get our feet high in the process.
- Overall, a pretty quiet morning. Not a lot of mumblechatter to be had as we kept the pace up throughout the workout.
- A friend of Abba and Stalker has a little girl named Eden (7-8 months old) who is fighting cancer. Please pray for her and her family as they go through this trial