It’s been a brutal week. The fartsack kept me from posting Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. Knowing I had to Q forced me out of the sack despite poor sleep (teething infant + challenging 4, 6 y/o daughters). 4 pax made it into school before the bell rang at 0530. Go time!
- Warmup in parking lot
- Mosey to rock pile for lifting rock. Run with lifting rock to the basketball court, where the main event waited
- Complete 8 sets
- Set 1: 5 burpees, 1 lap around track
- Set 2: 5 burpees, 10 merkins, 1 lap
- Set 3: 5 burpees, 10 merkins, 15 curls with rock, 2 laps
- Set 4: 5 burpees, 10 merkins, 15 curls with rock, 20 american hammers with rock, 2 laps
- Set 5: 5 burpees, 10 merkins, 15 curls with rock, 20 american hammers, 25 bent over rows with rock, 3 laps
- Set 6: 5 burpees, 10 merkins, 15 curls with rock, 20 american hammers with rock, 25 bent over rows with rock, 30 squats, 3 laps
- Set 7: 5 burpees, 10 merkins, 15 curls with rock, 20 american hammers, 25 bent over rows with rock, 30 squats, 35 LBC’s, 4 laps
- Set 8: 5 burpees, 10 merkins, 15 curls with rock, 20 american hammers with rock, 25 bent over rows with rock, 30 squats, 35 LBC’s, 40 plankjacks
- Mosey to rock pile
- Finish with 30 seconds of plank
- I loved being about to catch up with Noonan as we were making laps around the track
- Great chance to chat with a smaller group, covering a wide array of topics from high school football games to menstruation cycles
- Rea View elementary is a great site, lots of options and plenty of ground to explore. Smuggler up next week
- This was a productive 45 minutes, as we got 640 reps in and ran just shy of 2.5 miles
- #truth nugget I needed this Q more this to physically get out of bed and mentally get out of a toxic fog that had settled in over the last few days. My work is still 100% virtual and it’s getting harder and harder each day to stay glued to the computer screen on endless Teams and Zoom meetings. My patience with my wife and children has been running short recently. I’ve had piss poor attitudes towards my family and work recently. I needed to be refreshed by the gloom. To see my brothers, my comrades, fellow warriors (as Rousey would say) face to face. My F3 brothers are evidence of God’s grace in my life. My days are better when I take the daily red pill and start my day in the gloom. Because these workouts distill little life lessons (sometimes even downright pointless or silly ones) that I carry into the rest of my day. I am challenged to embrace hardship head-on with courage and wisdom.
- Das Boot showed up this morning with a shovel but no flag. Which was hilarious. And insightful. We still rally around the flag even if it’s just a shovel. We post in the mornings even when we don’t want to. We show up because we know we will get stronger, even on the days that means we’re not leading the pack or beating out everyone else during sprints.
- Blood drive on 10/29 at Matthews YMCA
- Waxhaw food drive still happening
- Additional opportunities to serve at Christ’s Closet in the coming weeks
- SOB holiday party on 11/19