When I lead Q, I am a nervous wreck and sleep like crap, every time. Same when I preach on Sundays, I’m a nervous wreck and sleep like crap. And with nerves, I tend to dream about the Q I planned, or the sermon I’m going to preach. This time my dream altered my plan, somewhat. So on a stupid hot morning, with 5 other gents, it was time to rock.
- Mosey from Brooklyn Pizza. We took an extra lap around the roundabout beside Chickfila to celebrate the new roundabout in front of New Town Rd. Truly, it’s a miracle (random aside, 1st time I saw it open, I went around it multiple times, just because I could!)
- Moseyed on to Target.
- 30 SSH
- 15 Imperial Walkers
- 20 Merkins
- 20 Mt Climbers
- Tater Pickers to Stretch (and Swimmers raised a complaint, where are Damascus’s beloved calf stretches?! Patience!)
- Calf Stretches.
- Ran to the neighborhood to the top of the hill on the right.
- 20 Big Boy Sit-ups at the top of the hill, 10 Shoulder Tap Merkins (was going to be 20, audible was called), 3 rounds for each. Everyone loves audibles.
- And…every time we passed the entrance with the hill, 6 merkins every time. That was my dream, I had planned for only 3, but dreamed someone complaining that 3 was too few, so it was 6.
- Returned to the hill entrance. Top of the hill, 20 Carolina Dry Docks, at the bottom of the hill, 20 Squats. 3 rounds each. More fun!
- Bluescreen bragged, “I could do a hundred of these things!” So as we returned to the top of the hill, 50 more Carolina Dry Docks in honor of Bluescreen’s suggestion.
- Moseyed to Pet Smart parking lot. Time for a (Death) Star Fish! 3 Burpees in the center, the 4 corners consisted of 20 Merkins, 20 Dips, 20 Heels to Heaven, and 20 Freddie Mercuries.
- Almost time, so we took a leisurely jog to the start…- JAILBREAK to the start. And time!
- Everyone worked their tails off, some wore headlamps, and were “mostly” quiet in the neighborhood.
- FuseBox led Q Source, is F3 truly welcoming, and why or why not (sorry I couldn’t stay, 1st day of school)
- Many prayer requests were lifted. Prayers for Loafer’s son with an ear injury. Also Covid is effecting a lot of our F3 brothers and their families. . Stay safe, keep each other safe, and if you can, lend a helping hand to those who are ill. Speaking from my own experience being sick with Covid last December, it was pure hell (and yes, I felt like Han, seen here: , and the well wishes, prayers, groceries and meals from my F3 brothers made a real difference. Be the difference, let’s show how awesome our F3 Brotherhood can be!
May the Force be with you!