6 pax decided they wanted bells instead of boot camp this morning and posted 1 lot over from the RockZero pax.
- SSH x 20 IC
- 20 swings
- IW x 10 IC
- 15 swings
- Windmill/Sharon Towers x 10 IC
- 10 swings
- Prying squats x 2
- 5 swings
- Neupert: a slight break in reps today with only 10 sets of 4 double clean and double military press
- Complex: 3 swings, 2 cleans, 1 thruster L/R for 5 sets with :45 rest between sets
- Easy strength:
- 3 sets of 5 double deadlifts
- 3 sets of 8 lawnmowers per side, then 10 merkins on the bell
- 5 sets of 4 double cleans
- Static holds: :20 overhead/:20 rack/:20 farmer. Repeato for 4 rounds with 1:00 rest between sets.
- KB burpee complex: merkin, snatch L, merkin, snatch R = 1 set. Complete 1 sets
- 1:00 hard style elbow plank
- 1:00 hollow body hold
Finish up by joining the RockZero pax for their final ~2 minutes of burpees.
COT with RockZero with the takeout by Orange Whip (RZ Q).
- Memorial Day Area 51 (and SOB?) convergence at Base Camp at South Charlotte Middle School at 0700. Thunder Road is on Q and says you won’t run too much, so you might want some gloves if you have soft hands. Runs & Guns will be launching a Murph at the same time from the same location.
- Beer Run (not to be confused with the Beer Mile) will be next Saturday at noon in Plaza Midwood. Keep an eye out for a pre-blast from Tuck if you’re interested.
- Grow Ruck in August in Metro. Leadership + CSAUP all rolled into one. There are a number of HCs from south Charlotte. If you’ve ever wondered what all those pax with backpacks are training for, this is it.
- It was great to get a good crowd out to Olympus today. The humidity was high, but the temps were comfortable and there was occasionally a nice breeze.
- Strange Brew had HCed a few days prior and it was great to have him out. Urlacher has been working a bunch, but fought off the 12 beers and night of couch sleeping to join us this morning. High Tide had been resting his knee since last weekend’s inaugural Functional Strength Challenge, but committed to coming out and put in strong work. Cottonmouth showed up to ask if any pax knew what kind of tradesman installs a washer and dryer, but stuck around for the workout. Frehley’s eschewed the double down this morning and was early to the workout. He was killing it with the double 24s for most of the workout. Joker showed up a little after 7:30, already sweaty from some track work at SCMS. He chose to do some of the bell work before bailing for the 10:00 of burpees at RockZero.
- I hope everyone enjoys the long weekend. Please keep in mind why we have the long weekend by remembering the servicemembers that have fought and died for our country for almost 250 years. Let’s not dishonor their sacrifice by allowing those who profit from dividing Americans succeed in pulling us apart. We have different faiths, beliefs, and backgrounds, but we’re all citizens of the greatest country on Earth. God bless America!