A great turnout as 16 PAX, including 1 FNG embraced the cooler temps and made their way to Anvil. With 1 minute to go, the PAX was properly disclaimed and we were off at 5:30.
We moseyed over to the parking lot behind the office buildings across the street from the church for COP
- 5 Burpees OYO
- SSH x 20
- 4 Burpees OYO
- Imperial Walkers x 20
- 3 Burpees OYO
- Windmills x 20
- 2 Burpees OYO
- Squats x 20
- 1 Burpee OYO
- Merkins x 10
The Beast with a Twist
We moseyed over to the rock pile and chose an appropriately sized lifting rock and headed over to the islands. Run to island #1 and do 6 of called exercise with the rock. Run to island #2 and do 6 reps of called exercise. Run to island #3 and do 6 reps of called exercise. Run to island #4 and do 6 reps of called exercise. Run to island #5 and do 6 reps of called exercise. Run to island #6 and do 6 reps of called exercise. Run to the end of the parking lot and back in between sets.
- Overhead Presses
- Tricep Extensions
We returned our rocks and yogged over to the hill by the soccer field for a little Jacob’s Ladder, 1 Carolina Dry Dock at the bottom, 6 lunges (each leg) at the top.
We then moved over to the Hot box for some circuit work, 3 rounds.
- Decline Merkins x 10
- Dips x 15
- Step ups x 20 (10 each leg)
Avenue of Trees
We started to head back to the launch point but stopped at the Avenue of Trees for lunges every other tree, and then resumed our mosey back.
- None, we ran out of time.
- The temps were finally at a respectable level this morning, like no humidity and in the 60s, just perfect.
- Welcome FNG Picabo (John) he’s new to Charlotte and was EH’d by Hops. He’s a pilot for American Airlines, but enjoys skiing, and somehow we wound up at Picabo (Street). I think it was Puddin’ Pop who came up with his name, of course.
- After the Iron Pax Challenge yesterday, YHC had no appetite for merkins, so there were only a few on the menu, you’re welcome.
- YHC fumbled the execution the hill work by only completing 1 rep at the top of the hill, Horsehead properly called me out for it, and I added the missed reps to the next round. I think I may have confused Boondock though. That Boondock is fast by the way.
- Somehow we started talking about Karate Kid, Parts 1, 2, and 3, the Cobra Kai series, Elizabeth Shue, Leaving Las Vegas which can owe to our resident trivia king Puddin’ Pop. There we have title.
- 49er brought his “A” game and was out front during the rock themed Beast.
- Mermaid and Lorax seemed to be catching up on things during the Beast.
- Lorax dm’d me last night to make sure I was still onboard to Q and that depending on his tax work, he’d be there. Fortunately he made his filing deadline and was able to join us.
- Hops actually did a few Side Straddle Hops for the FNG.
- Puddin’ Pop modified as necessary, which is expected.
- Snowflake was expecting an FNG this morning but he wasn’t able to make it, maybe next time. Snowflake ran in of course.
- Runstopper couldn’t stick around much after the workout because he had to walk the dog.
- Prayers for Fallout and his family as his son is undergoing brain surgery today.
- Thanks to Lorax and Point Break for the opportunity to lead and please sound off with any mumble chatter.
- Area 51/SOB Blood Drive 10/23 Mighty Mite is the Q, details here
- Makeshift Marathon Saturday 11/14 7 AM, preblast here