12 of the most eager men showed up to run thru a local neighborhood and find out if anyone has lights on at 0530. Keep reading to see how much success we had..
No time for SSH, IW, mountain climbers, etc. This group was given specific instructions to look for holiday décor and off we went. While running, every time we came across a house that had any of the below, we took a few moments to appreciate them and proceed with a little pain.
Holiday lights- 15 merkens
Decorations- 15 LBC
Inflatables- 10 Burpees (per inflatable)
Besides the above mentioned exercises within our 1.2 mile run, we also took a break to bear crawl up a hill. Overall we passed 14 homes, most had lights and décor, but at the end we found 2 houses with inflatables. Unfortunately, both homes had inflatables, 8 total and were across the street from one another, so after 40 burpees, YHC audibled and called for 40 squats in place of burpees.
Before we left, a little Mary: Boat/ Canoe, Protractor, maybe one more
To add pain on the way back to AO, YHC found some 10 lb plates (wonder how those got there) and warned the Pax about the dangers of over eating during the holidays. Given the average weight gain is close to 10lb, we picked up those plates and headed 1.2 miles back
To keep the Pax together we took several breaks for more merkens, planks and LBC
Once back to AO, we did a quick group x2 of exercises
Mosey to parking lot for 2MOM
– The best thing about Q’ing during the holiday, is all the cleaver “holiday themed” workouts. I am not claiming this to be cleaver, but at the F3 party, Stone Cold agreed that it would be funny to take the Pax to see some lights
– Yes, the house in the picture is YHC. I actually cut myself off from putting more lights up
– I believe the Pax liked the idea as they were very quick to point out all of the lights and décor along the way…that soon turned to questioning whether it was a light or decoration.
– I thought I had more in the tank to do 80 burpees because I asked my neighbor to inflate his, but after a month off, I was not feeling it so audible (your welcome)
– Welcome Marge (FNG-Bart Reeves) you almost squeaked out Superman (concerns over being too strong of name).
– Always a pleasure to lead and in this case, I needed it to get me back into the gloom after being out! Thanks for humoring me this AM and working hard!
– Thanks gummy for taking us out!
– Bug Eater is encouraging everyone to be home with their kids on Christmas, so sorry, no workouts 🙂 Thanks Bug! However, New Years day convergence-TBD.
– Rock on Sat is under new management. Come see what Gummy and Hopper have planned