21 Posted DMZ for moving day.
Steinbrenner Thang: Moving Day…
- Warm up in the Parking Lot with 20 SSHs and 15 Merkins
- Mosey down Camilla and Thornridge to hill at Broad Hollow Drive
- Back-and-forth’s up and down the hill; 10 Burpees at one end, Jump Squats at the other. Repeat 5X. Plank and catch-up.
- Mosey up to Sharon View and down to Rashard’s rental house on Flintwood Lane
- 25 LBCs and 20 Dollys in the driveway
- Everyone select a box/rake/scooter/bike from Rashard’s Uhaul and/or Carport. Mosey back .6 miles to his new house on Thornridge.
- Moesy back to Carmel Park.
- (FoD takeover)….
- Partner Planked Derkins: 10, 15, 20 each partner
- 25 Partner-assisted leg raises (Fire Mary per Hops)
- Partner Planked Derkins: 5, 10, 15 each partner
- 20 Partner-assisted leg raises (ditto question n the term)
- Karaoke’s up and down the football field
- Run backwards one length of the field; alternate bearcrawl and lunge the return trip
- Mosey to parking lot and COP.
- The PAX started off with some strong laughter after Steinbrenner’s counting problems (doesn’t everyone know how to do SSHs? Why was the lack of counting so humorous?)
- Apparently changing your counting tone to keep everyone guessing was frowned upon. Simba and Hannibal said there were several false stops on Merkins, though I believe that was just laziness creeping in. In response, Steinbrenner ran completely away from the mockers as we stated the mosey down Carmel.
- The return to Dark Bushwood Hill was a crowd favorite. By that of course we mean the laughing stopped. Thanks to Skywalker for bringing the sole needed headlamp.
- Moving Day continued with something different to start the DMZ week: Rashard was in the middle of a house move that started this past weekend and is still in process. For part of the run, there were a lot of liquor boxes with books and clothes for the PAX to carry from rental house to new house. Rakes and shovels as well. FOD cheated by claiming some 2.0’s bike, and Runstopper liked the Mode of Transportation approach and took a razor scooter.
- I can only imagine the reaction of the few drivers we passed on Sharon View as they looked at the motley crew carrying various implements and boxes along the road back to Rashard’s new house on Thornridge.