13 Men seeking something different came out to Olympus today and crushed it Gear Style.
SSH x 50 (in cadence = 100 reps)
Rage Against the Gear: Stations of Pain
– 16 Gear/Cardio/Power Strength Stations
– Fire Hose Drag was the timer
– When Hose returned Pax move to the next station to the right
1) 200 Meter Sprint
2) Farmer Carry (2) 45lbs Kettle Bells x 70 yards
3) Jump Rope
4) Sled Pull 40 yards 115lbs (metal on metal on the ground so drag resistance was extremely tough)
5) Parachute Sprint 140 yards
6) Hair Burners 40 yards with 35lb
7) 45lbs Kettle Bell Swing
8) 35lbs Medicine Call Squat Throws – Single Bounce Catch-to-Squat-to-Throw
9) Single Leg Jump over ruck Mountain Climbers
10) Dead Lift 88lbs KB
11) 70lbs Move Sandbag 120 yards
12) Bear Crawl 40 yards
13) Fire Hose over shoulder run x 120 yards
14) Duck Walk 40 yards
15) Rope Pull Ups
16) Sledge Hammer Right/Left
Sled Circle: Pax calls exercises
– Form up into circle with Kettle Bells
– P1 calls out exercise for Pax to perform
– P1 runs with weight sled around perimeter of Pax Circle
– When P1 gets back passes off to P2 and P2 calls exercise while running sled around circle
– Rinse and Repeat until all 13 have gone
Exercises included: Goblet Squats (twice), Burpee Squat Thrusts with Kettle Bell Press (twice), High Pulls, Upright Row, KB Swing, Burpees, Tricep Extensions, Bicep Curls, Over-head KB Press, Flutter with KB Press, Russian Twists
Jack Webb: KB Press with Bicep Curl
KB Press x 1; Bicep Curl x 4
KB Press x 2; Bicep Curl x 8
KB Press x 3; Bicep Curl x 12
KB Press x 4; Bicep Curl x 16
KB Press x 5; Bicep Curl x 20
KB Press x 20; Bicep Curl x 5
KB Press x 16; Bicep Curl x 4
KB Press x 12; Bicep Curl x 3
KB Press x 8; Bicep Curl x 2
KB Press x 8; Bicep Curl x 1
Special thanks to Jason Rhymer of Rhymer Fitnesss who inspired us with routines like this and helped with some of the gear used today.
Rage Against the Gear was in full effect today. I am not sure which of the stations was the hardest because just when we thought we’d get a break, we move to the next station and tackle something even harder. OUTSTANDING EFFORT out there this morning. The new direction we are taking with this site is a total shock to the body as most of these movements aren’t things we usually do when training. But that didn’t matter…The men out here today were completely owned it.
T-Claps to Mr. Hankey for doing all this with a 45lbs Ruck on his back #selectionhopeful! I even believe I heard Geraldo or Banannas say that no one from SPEARHEAD should be allowed to come out to Olympus because this guy is on a totally different level (even at SH we look at this guy like he’s Van Damme In Universal Soldier…all he needs to do is sit in a tub of ice for a little bit and he’s all charged up). He’s like Liquor Cycle on steroids. When he took that sled Waaaaay out of the way while we were doing Burpee Squat Thrusts with KB Press, there was a diabolical look in his eye.
And how about Wolfman with that sled run? Flashbacks of being a Safety for Pitt hunting down a WR or RB to crush his helmet into. Nice work Wolf!
YHC has to admit, immediately after the final rep I coughed, started to cramp and dry-heaved a couple times…if there was any fluid left in my body I would have puked for sure…which would have been awesome, lol.
T-Claps all around. Thank you for posting with us today at Olympus. Gullah and i really appreciated your willingness to try something different. Our goal is to bring something new each week. We are thrilled at the new direction of Olympus and hope to see more Pax each week.
Again, Thank you for the honor of leading such a strong group of men and for making my Century Q a memorable one.