The SF was planted by someone prior to the KB pre-work Q’d by Champagne. At 0530, 30 of Area 51’s willing and able pax took off for another midweek attack at Anvil.
Even before we set out, Crabcake noted I dropped off some toys at the far end of campus. Thanks to Pele for the assist with that. Before we got to the far end near hilly entrance 4 – we did the following:
Jog to other end of campus near Rt. 51 for COP:
SSH x 43 IC (Happy birthday PH)
Squat x 25 IC
Groiner x 13 IC
IW x 43 IC
1/2 Way Around the Clock Merkins (from 12:00 counterclockwise to 6:00). YVHC must confess my weakness in audibling out of this one. Intended to come back to it at the end but forgot. Weak and forgetful Q.
Run to far end of campus (entrance 4) with some butt-kickers and high knees on the way.
Plankorama while waiting for the pax to reassemble.
Split Pax into 3 groups for the following (rotating through each station):
1) Hairburners – 3 rounds for everyone
2) Entrance 4 Hill – Lunge walk down, Backwards lunge walk up
3) Mary – Knee Up x 20 IC, Flutter x 20 IC, LBC x 20 IC
Run to grassy median for celebratory burpees in honor of PH’s 43rd birthday.
PH & others with beards, goatees, etc: 43 burpees OYO
Pax over the age of 43: 40 burpees OYO (bit of a break for the old men)
Pax under the age of 43: 50 burpees (should have made the hate-hate’s do 70, and the 30-something’s do 60. I’ll do better next time)
Dolly x 13 IC
CCV x 13R & x13L IC
Makthar Ndjiaye x 13 IC
AYG sprint to the shovel flag
Solid closing prayer by TR. Remember to keep M. Pele and his whole family in your prayers – breast cancer surgery next week.
Ye Olde Moleskine
Happy birthday to one of Area 51’s finest – Purple Haze. Thankful for you brother….not thankful for the extra COP reps and burpees, but owed them to you and the pax.
Included Radar’s right lung in the pax listing. Mercy! No wonder you refused to do 3 rounds of hairburners. #refusenik
Great work by the pax. Thanks to Baracus & Young Love for the opportunity to Q. Saw a lot of new faces – great to see the pax growing. Keep EH’ing your friends, family and neighbors men. We need F3, and so do lots of other men.
Sorry for the Around the Clock Merkin audible gents. YHVC still has a ways to go to get back in shape…but I’ll get there and we’ll try that one again soon.
HDHH tonight at The Lodge @ 6pm
June 14 – about 13 different events going on that day:
1) Bicycle Ride for underprivileged kids from 8:00 to Noon – see website, emails, twitter and/or Far Side for more details
2) F3 Dads
3) Area51 CSAUP Olympics
4) Area51 School’s Out/Summer’s Starting Pool Party
5) Flag Day -The Fourth of July was traditionally celebrated as America’s birthday, but the idea of an annual day specifically celebrating the Flag is believed to have first originated in 1885. BJ Cigrand, a schoolteacher, arranged for the pupils in the Fredonia, Wisconsin Public School, District 6, to observe June 14 (the 108th anniversary of the official adoption of The Stars and Stripes) as ‘Flag Birthday’. In numerous magazines and newspaper articles and public addresses over the following years, Cigrand continued to enthusiastically advocate the observance of June 14 as ‘Flag Birthday’, or ‘Flag Day’.