18 men of Area 51 came (mostly at 05:29 or later) to take on the gloom. YHC had 2 workouts planned and thought at 05:28 the workout was going to be a “playground” morning. At 05:29:30 and increased numbers, YHC autibled and decided to introduce the infamous Gopher from DV to the Hydra Beasts.
I can’t imagine there will ever be a per workout here with these sleepy heads. That said, everyone was ready to go and off we went.
Mosey thru the parking lot to scoop up the stragglers and head to the field, one more joined late
SSHx25 , merkensx20, LBCx30, IWx30, bicycle x15 forward x15 reverse
Introduce the Gopher (Does Hydra- Gopher need a new name, sound off below)- mosey to playground and find a partner.
For those new to the Gopher, sorry for the very brief overview, but we did take a run to see the path that you should travel.
Partner 1 Run= Playground to the entrance of OP, to the track for a loop, then back to the playground
Partner 2 Exercise= Playground to concession stand bleachers. Durkensx20, Incline Merkensx20, step-ups or jump upsx20 & Dipsx20
Meet back at playground and between partners complete LBCx40 and Dollyx20
We started at 0538 and ended at 0613
Protractor of varying degrees until everyone is back
Mosey to the lot 06:15:30 (latecomers got their monies worth)
– Not a ton of chatter this AM, just a few, “again, another lap?” Yep, That’s the gopher!
– Few jack rabbits out there. This workout promotes pushing each other. Once Cole Slaw and I connected after the second lap, I felt better. Sorry man, I looked all over for you after my first lap, but thought you left me. Good timing today!
– Speaking of timing, this was new to Hydra, so I wasn’t sure if 1 & 2 would get back at the same time. I think it worked.
– Sorry for any lack of clarity giving verbal instructions. I did ask if you were familiar with the Gopher, however I failed to listen if anyone said NO. To busy thinking….glad everyone caught on
–YHC has been off for over a week due to travel and vacation. I needed a reason to get in the gloom, so I was happy to be leading. For those who have not lead (Pudding Pop), you are ready! When else today will you be able to say, “follow me” and mindlessly 17 other will follow. Always grateful for the opportunity!
– Good to see Cole Slaw, Briquette and Pulled pork standing side by side in the circle (see PAX list). Anyone else hungry?
-Happy b-day Gullah, great to keep that one under your hat until after the workout…46 burpees, you would have had some haters this AM!
– No announcements, keep an eye on twitter