18 men left the fartsack behind to join me in the gloom. This is what we did:
Warmup run around school and elementary track until everyone arrived.
Mosey to the playground for some quick circuit work:
Mosey to other side of soccer field, peer into the bushes and procure a cinder block (1 per person). Mosey with block to side of field and partner up.
Mosey back to bushes, carefully arrange blocks in orderly fashion.
Jailbreak to parking lot.
– 18 men left the fartsack behind thinking it would be a nice, warm Carolina morning, perfect for our outdoor exercises in the park. It was just that…for about 5 minutes. At 5:35 (while doing burpees, I think) the rain poured out of the sky. First a little mist (nice and refreshing) then a complete drenching (embrace the suck). Props to the men though – no complaints, just kept moving. Gotta wonder though, how many would have come out if it were raining that hard at 5:00? I know I would have been there (one of the pros/cons of being the Q), but anyway…
– I arrived at 5:10 to set up the field and found 5 cars waiting for me. No people, just cars. Then at 5:20, I saw 5 black shapes (and one little itty-bitty blue headlamp) come trotting into view. Props to the men in rucks who arrived for a 3 mile warm up ruck (with team weight) and stuck around to pleasure us with their company (most of them keeping the rucks on for the workout).
– This was my first workout in over a week, having just recovered from a nasty cold (with 2 elementary kids, what can I say, I was over-due to catch one). Felt good being out there, but I’m pretty sure I’m going to be feeling this one later today/tomorrow. Hopefully everyone else got their money’s worth also (granted, it was free, but anyway…).
– Between the rain, the darkness and the “gotta catch my breath” feeling, not sure what went on that I missed. Feel free to shout-out in the comments below.
– Always a privilege to lead the fine men of F3. If you’ve Q’d a workout, you know what I mean — if you haven’t then be sure to find out. Step-up and volunteer to lead one. Thanks Uncle Leo and Alf for the opportunity.
– Floor Slapper will be on for his inaugural Q Saturday at Area 51 (McKee Rd. Elem). After over a year in F3 he’s probably picked up a trick or two. Without a doubt, he’s deserving of all the chatter we can muster.
– Wednesday, The Hoff is leading The Charge at PDS. He promises manicured turf and pedicured toes. (He mumbled so I’m not sure exactly what he was talking about. He might have been kidding).
– All other workouts (1stF, 2nd F and 3rdF) on as usual – check the email for details or ask someone if you have questions. Not sure who to ask? Ask anyway. Someone is bound to know something.