24 men, including 2 FNGs, met up in the Calvary Church parking lot this morning to sharpen themselves on the #F3Anvil. For reasons noted below, we stayed on the move…some of us more than others.
Jog down to the soccer fields for a little COP:
- Merkins – 20 cadence
- SSHs – 20 cadence
- IWs – 20 cadence
- Dollies – 20 cadence
- Slow Squat – 20 cadence
Emergency evacuation to the hill for 11s:
- Jump Squats at the top
- Merkins at the bottom
Mosey to the parking lot on 51 for The Beast…6 exercises, 6 stations, 6 reps:
- Round 1 – Diamond Merkins, plank
- Round 2 – Jumping Lunges, chair plank
- Round 3 – Flutter Kicks, plank
- Round 4 – Wide-Arm Merkins, plank
- Round 5 – Deep Squats, chair plank
- Round 6 – LBCs
- Bonus Round – Burpees
Mosey back for COT…but first time for one set of Mary:
- Flutter Kicks – 40 cadence
- It was very nice out this morning and the Pax were very lively as we launched from the parking lot down to the soccer pitch. There was a decent amount of mumble chatter during the first couple of COP exercises, which YHC didn’t mind, knowing there was plenty of pain to come. Then all hell…and other things…broke loose.
- The serenity of lying in the cool, wet grass, staring up at the stars on a clear, beautiful morning, while knocking out some Dollies was interrupted by what can only be described as an incessant onslaught of loud and bubbling flatulence like nothing heard before. And that only served as a primer for what followed during the Slow Squats…causing an emergency evacuation of the Pax to the hill for 11s.
- A quick note on the Slow Squats…the count had Dora exclaiming that he couldn’t keep up until YHC explained that it was down on 3 and then up. Apparently they do everything different at SPEARHEAD…either that or once you lose the ruck, you just do everything faster.
- The 11s were unsavory, especially the jump squats at the top. The burn on the 10 after running the hill all those times was very real.
- Then came The Beast…running the front parking lot by 51, which probably measures around 100 yards or so, and stopping at every other island for the exercises. YHC tried to hit the full body, with exercises for the chest, legs and core. And to combat The Beast, since 7 is the number of perfection, YHC threw in a bonus round of Burpees at the end. Burpees + Running = O2 Deprivation.
- Apparently the Dollies and Slow Squats during COP had produced a peeping turtle. After Round 1 of The Beast, Radar exclaimed that he had to take care of some business…emergency evacuation to the onsite facilities…door locked…sphincter tightening. Severe emergency evacuation to Starbucks…back in time to see us finish up the bonus round of burpees. As we left the parking lot after COT, the onsite facilities now open and lit up. #cruelirony
- Welcome to FNGs I.C. Light and Red Card. Hope to see you out in the gloom again very soon.
- Great group of men at #F3Anvil. Thanks to Baracus and Young Love for letting YHC lead.
- 3rdF on Wednesdays at the Greenway Starbucks with Skywalker and Busch…#F3Aftermath (a double meaning on this day, given Radar’s emergency at the very same Starbucks)
- Look for announcements regarding the Area51 Holiday party and a new save the date