Ten hearty souls, including 3 (!) FNGs, got after it for the soft launch of Area 51’s newest workout, The Red Eye. This one’s targeted for Pax who are tired of the same old same old. 0400 – 0500 on Mondays.
SSH x 250. In cadence. (Who’s your Daddy, Ice 9?)
- Up Dog
- Down Dog
- Bird Dog (point leg and opp hand, Lx20, Rx20)
- Dirty Dog (leg lifts, Lx20, Rx20)
- Bum Scratcher (sit on rear, legs in front, use arms to drag bum across pavement—just like your dog does on the carpet)
Rinse and Repeat
- Chest to Chest Partner carries x 50 yards. Flapjack
- Partner drag by feet x 50 yards. Flapjack
- Piggyback Partner Plank x 1 min. (Partner 1 in plank, partner 2 in piggyback on partner 1). Flapjack
- Partner Press/Merkins: Partner 1 on Back. Partner 2 in Merkin Position atop partner 1. Pax 1 bench presses Pax 2 while Pax 2 performs Merkins. Flapjack.
- People’s Merkins x 20: Partner 1 in People’s Chair on wall. Partner 2–merkins with hands on knees of Partner 1. Flapjack.
- Partner Plank Squats x 10: Partner 1 in plank. Partner 2 step up on Partner 1’s back for Squats. Flapjack.
- Partner Plank Step Ups x 10L/10R: Same as above. Flapjack.
- Partner Plank Jump Ups x 10: Same as above. #Crowdpleaser, Flapjack.
- Partner Plank Dips x20: Partner 1 in Plank (tuck chin to chest). Partner 2 back to partner 1 with hands on Partner 1 shoulders, dips). Flapjack.
- Partner Muscle Ups: Partner 1 in quarter squat. Partner 2 has to get to seated position on Partner 1’s shoulders (with no assistance from partner 1). Flapjack.
- Chest to Chest partner carries x 50 yards. 1x Squat every 20 steps. Flapjack
Feats of Strength
- Tree Humpers (Wrap arms and legs around tree, hold for 1 min)
- Rinse and repeat
- Phenomenal start and great numbers for an invitation only, short-notice soft launch to F3/Red Eye. I was concerned a one hour workout at 0400 might scare some people away, but I should have known better. This one’s hear to stay. Hard launch date forthcoming.
- Strong work by the three FNGs. Runstopper’s younger brother just moved to town and joined us for his first F3 tilt. Turns out Runstopper is the tall one in his family….#Lilliput. Wanker is challenging Bananas for the A51 EH title, bringing out his neighbor, FNG Rod Johnson. It’s hard to find a derivative of Wanker that’s family friendly, but we managed with Vas Def. Sounds like a rapper. Finally, Hops’ brother-in-law was in town from Salt Lake City. Had to be O’Douls (especially since he wouldn’t let us name his 2.0 that at the Rock Saturday). TClaps, gents. It doesn’t get easier–you get stronger.
- Kotters to Camel Toes. Last time we saw CT was during the (only-slightly veiled) Full Monty at the Rock with the tights sans shorts. No tights needed today as the balmy temps officially brings a close to displaced Yankees complaining about 36 degree temperatures. Until October anyway.
- Good job by Walking Farts. Might have been a little too enthusiastic on the Piggy Back Partner Planks…..”Recover” means get off (and it appears you were trying….just sayin’).
- Didn’t have time for the Chicken Fights. Maybe next time.
- Wanker mentioned the #treehumpers when recounting the SnowRuck tales so we gave it a whirl this morning. A slight burning sensation in the frontal region, but otherwise a fantastic full-body exercise. #neosporin. #keeper
- Nice work by Wanker and Joker joining me for the #doubledown at The Matrix. #raceseason
About the author