A new PAX record was set at Death Valley as 49 PAX got after it this morning. Salt Lick and Stagecoach were happy to deliver the morning beat down.
- Jog to football field
- SSH x 30
- Merkins x 20
- Imperial Walker x 30
- Burpees x 10
Split into two groups: group 1 – Salt Lick is your Q to start, group 2 – Stagecoach is your Q. Flapjacks half way thru.
Salt Lick’s QIC:
Hit the trail over to Davie Park for a mini-Murph (Runstopper helped make sure that the group didn’t miss the bridge this week):
- 50 pull-ups
- 100 pushups
- 150 squats
- First group: Slow jog around parking lot until all PAX finish
- Second group:
- People’s chair x 2
- BTW x 2
- Inverted pushups
“Ring of Fire”
PAX forms 2 circles (about a dozen men in each) and gets a number assigned. When your number is called, sprint around your circle and return to your spot, then lead PAX in your number for assigned exercise. Repeat until all members of the PAX have gone through. Follow the sets below.
- Set 1 – Bear Crawl with Merkins #shoulderburner
- Set 2 – Lunge Walk with Squats #legsonfire
Example: PAX does Bear Crawl in a circle until #1 is called, #1 runs around circle, returns to spot and leads PAX in 1 Merkin, PAX continues Bear Crawl until another number is called.
- First group: Lap around the track with 5 burpees in the corners.
- Second group:
- Mary (Dolly, LBC, Flutter, Donkey Kicks)
- People’s chair x 60 sec.
- Wall plank and wall mountain climbers
Entire group came back together for COT
- This morning felt like a mini-convergence with that many guys.
- In the spirit of full disclosure, SC stole the ring of fire idea from a recent North Country back blast. #workoutplagiarism
- Very little chatter during the mini-murph. Even the normally load and chatty (you know who you are) were silent.
- Trail was muddy, slippery and wet. #mudrunpractice
- Props to Dean’s List in finishing first on the group 2 mini murph – it was only his 2nd day with F3 – his debut was a wet and nasty workout at Skunk Works yesterday
- HDHH tonight – 6 pm at Vintner Wine Market at Arboretum
- Devils Turn on Thursday – 5:15 for 6 miles, 5:30 for 4 miles
- Kevlar workout on Friday – Covenant Day, 5:30
- Centurion workout on Friday – Charlotte Catholic High School, 5:30
- Saturday convergence – Stonehenge will join the Rock at Calvary Church at 7:00. Area 51 is on normal schedule.
About the author