YHC rolled up early to WAMRAP. I didn’t sleep well for some reason. I wasn’t nervous about my Q since WAMRAP is a fire and forget workout. The only site easier to Q is Donut Run, which Bushwood does remotely via Slack messages, and only after someone asks for a route. However, after the second early morning wake-up, I started worrying I’d miss my alarm. That and the ensuing heckling might have been better than what actually happened.
The Thang: Mosey to the parking deck and plank at the base of the first ramp for instructions.
- At the top of the first ramp, 10 HR merkins
- At the top of the second ramp, 10 HR merkins + 10 monkey humpers
- At the top of the third ramp, 10 HR merkins + 10 monkey humpers + 10 WWII sit-ups
- Bear crawl across the top of the deck to the stairs, run down to the bottom and do 5 burpee pull-ups.
- At the top of the first ramp, 10 Carolina Dry Docks (CDDs)
- At the top of the second ramp, 10 CDDs + 10 jump squats
- At the top of the third ramp, 10 CDDs + 10 jump squats + 10 boxcutters
- Lunge walk across the top of the deck to the stairs, run down to the bottom and do 5 burpee pull-ups.
Repeat rounds 1 & 2 AMRAP-style. Backward run on the ramps and forward run on the flats.
At 6:11, run back to the launch. Complete 10 of each Round 2 exercise (we stopped after the third time through Round 1) and then some planking to kill time.
COT – Thanks to Flipper for the prayer.
- 5 men posted this morning for my 3rd post at WAMRAP and first Q. This welcoming site allows all newcomers to get their feet wet by Qing almost immediately. I’m pretty sure our site FNG (High Tide) will Q next week. Unless Nemo decides to post, then he’ll have to wait until his 3rd post to Q. I think Bucky and O’Tannenbaum are also on the list somewhere.
- Thanks to Flipper and Alf (and McGee? I have no idea who the site Qs are at this workout) for the opportunity to be told to Q. Thanks also to the pax that posted and put up with this terrible workout.
- I was a little worried when drafting the workout that there weren’t enough exercises and it might not be enough for the pax. We soon found out that backward running every ramp hurts. So does all that bear crawling and lunge walking. However, it seemed to keep the group together pretty well, especially when the frontrunner (Flipper) blew an O ring on the second round of lunge walks. Heal up, brother.
- Everyone got through the whole circuit 2.5 times. After doing the burpee pull-ups on the ground floor for 1 round, we moved them to the 2nd floor thereafter to accommodate some of our vertically-challenged (or vertical leap-challenged) pax. I wish Alf had been there so I could hear his mumblechatter… There was also some modification of the bear crawls and lunge walks because that deck is really wide.
- Here’s High Tide’s text description of the workout, which I thought was a good summary: “Flipper pulled a hernia; Squid inked himself; OT shed some needles; Voodoo hexed himself; and I crashed upon the rocks.” If you were there, you can vouch for the accuracy of this statement.
- I wasn’t feeling 100% this morning, but knowing others were depending on me made it a simple decision to post. As always, I’m glad to have the accountability and fellowship of my brothers in the gloom.
- I’m Qing Meathead tomorrow if anyone is looking for a kettlebell, 0.0 running workout. I promise no bear crawls.
- Please sound off in the comments with anything I missed.