1st annual Area 51 Turkey Bowl is in the books! Congrats to the Low Slow Squantos for taking the crown as champions of Area 51.
To say that I wasn’t nervous about how this thing would go down would be a lie. But in the end, I think everyone had a good time and hopefully we will continue this in the years to come. Just some general observations below and feel free to add in your own in the comments section:
- Thanks to Runstopper for leading the pax in a quick warm up prior to the game
- Thank you to TR for taking the photos
- Great to see the competitive sides of some of you.
- I’d like to see Mighty Mite and Loogie put on some pads and go at it. #TMI? Matter of fact, think Loogie thought he was wearing pads with some of the blocks he was laying today. Shoulder right to the sternum felt great.
- Bulldog looked a bit out of sorts today. “What? I thought we were playing futbol?” He did burn YHC on an illegal play for a TD. Ain’t cheatin ain’t tryin I guess.
- Not too many injuries but glad none were severe. Joker with a pulled cheek and Peeper (not sure how you got this name and I don’t want to know) with a pulled hammy. Get better soon fellas.
- Tennis shoes + mud = Fail
- Pretty sure Hops was paid off by someone with all those calls he was missing (your 6 pack of choice will be delivered next week)
- Glad Slim Fast still showed even though he wanted the site moved to the Davie Park turf. Mud was more ‘fun’
- Impressed with how quickly Strange Brew picked up on the American Football rules. Dude was a machine today
I will end this by saying that I am very thankful for each and every one you guys. F3 is an amazing organization but it’s the PAX that make it special. Here’s to everyone having a safe and fulfilling Thanksgiving day with family and friends.