Late October is starting to bring in the brisk temperatures… perfect for an early morning workout at Calvary Church. This particular morning the curiousity was peaked by YHCs tweet the night before that there would be a special announcement…but that will have to wait until the end. So we got to it and here is what we did…
Warm-up jog around the parking lot (high knees, butt-kickers, karaoke).
COP – Burpee Countdown
- SSH x 15 IC
- 10 burpees OYO
- IW x 15 IC
- 9 burpees OYO
- Squats x 15 IC
- 8 burpees OYO
- Seal jacks x 15 IC
- 7 burpees OYO
- Merkins x 15 IC
- 6 burpees OYO
- LBC x 15 IC
- 5 burpees OYO
- Wide arm merkins x 15 IC
- 4 burpees OYO
- Flutter x 15 IC
- 3 burpees OYO
- Jump Squats x 15 OYO
- 2 burpees OYO
- Dolly x 15 IC
- 1 PERFECT burpee OYO
Mosey to bottom of Entrance 4 for TRIPLE NICKEL
- 5x Merkins at the bottom, run to the top
- 5x Jump Squats at the top, run to the bottom
- Repeat 5x
Mosey to the picnic shelter
- Peoples chair for 1 min (air presses x 15 IC)
- Peoples chair for 2 min (air presses x 30 IC)
On to the picnic tables at the shelter
- Jump ups x 20, tricep dips x 20, derkins x 20
- Jump ups x 15, tricep dips x 15, derkins x 15
- Jump ups x 10, tricep dips x 10, derkins x 10
Mosey to soccer field for Jack Webb
- 1 Merkin / 4 air press
- 2 Merkin / 8 air press
- 10 Merkin / 40 air press
Mosey to parking lot for Mary with various pax leading the exercises
- LBC, Knee-ups, Rosalita, Russian Twist, Flutter
- As the men arrived at Anvil, you could feel the buzz this morning. The suspense was killing the pax to know what the big announcement was. Well, not really…but I’m sure a few were curious. They would find out later.
- Quiet group during the COP…burpees tend to have that effect on the pax.
- YHC finally has perfected execution of the Triple nickel – this has become a staple at Anvil. Seems simple enough, but my simple mind had a hard time figuring out where the triple and the nickel were. Sorry guys…a little slow on the uptake, it only took me three times to get it right.
- Great job by all the pax out there today! It is always an honor to lead this group of men. What makes me even more proud is to hand off leadership to one of Anvil’s own emerging leaders in Mermaid. I know this site is in good hands with him and Young Love, ensuring that it continues to fulfill the mission of F3 by serving the men of Anvil and continue to invigorate male community leadership!
- F3 Area 51 Christmas Party – 12/6 at Sugar Creek Brewery (Thank you Prohibition for being our Q for the event!)
- Aftermath – 3rd F workout immediatly following Anvil at the Piper Glen Starbucks (near Trader Joes)
- HDHH – The Lodge 6pm
- Nice start for Anvil on the shoe drive for Charlotte Rescue Mission! 8 pairs this morning – already 20% of our site goal! Drive ends 11/22, but don’t wait…bring your gently used athletic shoes next week! Boutique is our Shoe King
- Joe Davis 5k/10k on January 10th. Mark your calendars! You can sign up through the website https://joedavisrun.racesonline.com/ , also look for Paypal link on the website to make donations.