—Posted on behalf of Puddin Pop—
16 men this morning decided to trade in their mild-mannered habits to become rock stars…in south Charlotte. As the theme states, we were mostly in teams of three (except one team of four), and wanted to have some fun with the best 3-Man band of all time…Rush!
Had one FNG this morning so the disclaimer had to be spot on, “work out at your own Freewill, modify where possible, yada yada”, Stagecoach helped to fill in the gaps. #thankssiteQ
Pick up Cheese Curd on the way to field, and we’re off!
Mosey to track for ½ lap fellowship pace, sidestep right, sidestep left, backwards, butt-kickers, high knees, then to middle of field for COP:
- SSH x 30 IC
- Slow Squat x 30 IC
- IW x 30 IC
- Mountain Climbers x 30 IC (hold it)
- Parker Peter x 30 IC
Group up into your band and decide on who is Geddy Lee (partner 1), Alex Lifeson (partner 2), and Neil Peart (partner 3), hit the football field
- Geddy is on one goal line doing Burpees
- Neil is running 100 yards tagging out Alex
- Alex is on opposite goal line doing Turkish Get-ups
- Repeato for 15 mins +/-
Let’s increase the distance in between runs
- Geddy is on 50 yard line of football field doing:
o CDD’s x 30
o Jump squats x 20
o Dive bomber merkins x 10
- Alex is in bleacher area between baseball fields doing:
o Dips x 30
o Jump up/step ups x 20
o Derkins x 10
- Neil is running in between stations tagging out
- Repeato for 20 mins +/-
Five mins o’ Mary
- Flutter x 30 IC
- La Rosalita x 30 IC (en espanol)
- Protractor round robin
- So, once the 3 – man band idea was given to the group and YHC asked, “if I said Geddy, Alex, and Neil to you guys, what would you say?”, crickets were louder than the PAX. Gotta say, I was a little miffed at the idea that Rush is not part of Area 51 as it should be. Where is Strange Brew when you need him?? Oh well, we got into it anyway. With the exception of one four man group of Stagecoach, Uncle Leo, Hopper, and Busch…I think they went with Motley Crue. You’ll have to let me know who was Vince, Nikki, Mick, and Tommy another time.
- Halfway through the first group exercise on the field, Alf let YHC know that we could audible off burpees and TGUs anytime now…news to me as Alf is a burpee machine. His line back to me was, “being good at them and liking them are two different things.” I’m negative on both fronts then.
- DK took his sweet time calling out the next angle during Protractor, only to keep it at 10 degrees, my abs are thanking you right now.
- Welcome FNG Back Office, great to have you part of the band today with Pinstripes. Keep on coming back out, great to have you!
- Great work by all today with varying speeds, strength levels; always a pleasure to lead DV!
- Sussudio, thanks for the sending off prayer. And thanks for praying for everyone’s husbands…totally joking with you dude.
- Shoe drive – bring old shoes to Kevlar this Friday, Sussudio is shoe-Q and will be collecting for Men’s Shelter. Or bring them to Death Valley any Wednesday before Nov. 12 – see Stagecoach.
- Or post at Joust so TR has to come off the hip