Swift launched with 7 PAX at 0515 from the temporary AO of the Community House Middle School. Goal was a little recon and hopefully a #SoarOnWingsLikeEagles workout.
- Head from the bus lot out to Community House Rd for a 2ndF mosey and warm-up. 1 mile
- Back on the track for dynamic stretching, form drills, and strides. 0.8 mile
- 3 rounds of the “Eric Liddell” workout – 200m @ 1 mile race pace, 200m jog, 200m @ 1 mile race pace, 200m jog, 400m @ 1 mile race pace, 400m jog.
- 2 more laps on the track cool-down at 2ndF mosey
- 5.5 total miles with 1.5miles at 1 mile race pace
- Eric Liddell of Chariots of Fire fame (i.e. Scotland’s most popular athlete, even though Andy Murray’s “let’s do this” tweet about Scotland’s independence vote almost made him more famous) was inspiration for the workout. Liddell won the 400m in the 1924 Olympics even though it was longer than his favorite event, the 100m. Check the preblast for more info and why Eric Liddel is an inspiration at Swift.
- Tiger Rag was confused as to which Liddell was inspiration – as evidenced by his tweet. Tiger Rag is definitely alluding to taking his 1 Mile PR into the Octagon next week.
- StumpHugger apparently needs about 45 minutes to warm-up properly, for he was cruising right along at the end. Definitely more CrockPot than Microwave.
- Abacus brought along fellow-UNC alum and dancing partner “Right Said Fred” – inspiration for the additional media today. They were dialing in some pacing and ready to make breakthroughs on the mile next week.
- Long Haul got the memo for the AO change (where was Strange Brew?) and the War Daddy continues running circles around and around. Also a construction and materials expert, he certified the CHMS track as full asphalt. Despite the certification as lacking a rubber component, it was a pretty smooth experience today and the track has plenty of “pop”.
- Haggis, with new vanity plates, must have been treating today as his 1 Mile trial because he was in full on push to the limit mode. Rumor has it that he is backing out of next week to run Bagpipe, but why not bring Bagpipe to the 1 Mile trial?
- 1 Mile Time Trial next week! Same location. Check Preblast for updates.
- F3 Thunder Road discount ends tomorrow! Get details on Preblast and also Sign Up on the Preblast with your team (Area 51) and your time goals.
- New Bootcamps coming to Marvin/Weddington/Waxhaw in November. Marvin Ridge HS/MS will host one on Wednesdays and Weddington HS/MS will host Saturdays. Stay tuned for more options.
- Future test on embedding the Pace Calculator below.