The virtual flag was flying high and we had 17 pax for this pleasant, Feb morning. Several pax arrived with tires squealing and brakes smoking, but everyone was able to take off and away we went.
Split into pairs- size does not matter
From the lot run towards Walgreens
P#1 – back peddle until caught
P#2 – 3 merkens catch-up w/ partner 1
At the corner before the turn to Walgreens, YHC audibled and broke the partner carry due to traffic and space, so complete mosey to lot
COT (is it a workout w/out)…..
SSHx 20 , Merkens x 15, IW x 12 and moving on!
Retaining wall and Curb / 90 sec intervals (all cadence OYO)
1) P#1 Finger tip pull-ups to fail, then hang to fail and/or Wall sit w/jack web / P#2 Curb calf raises (Inside, outside and standard)
2) P#1 Balls to wall (shift L&R and/ or push ups) / P#2 Curb toe taps
3) P#1 Deep squat to jump ups / P#2 Curb Mtn Climbers
4) P#1 Wall Sit/ Jack web / P#2 Curb step ups
5) P#1 Finger tip pull-ups to fail then hang to fail or Wall sit w/jack web / P#2 Curb jump ups
Curb Merkens and LBC
20 Incline, 20 decline and 40 LBC
Mosey back to the way we came, repeato on the partner back pedal / 3 merken catch up. Arrive at the rock pile
Now find 3 ttl pax and one of you go get a “Rock that you would be proud of”
Relay Race- non stop for 12mins
P#1 SSH / P#2 run with rock to / P#3 LBC , swap rock and run to P#1 and repeato .
We also did,
p1 Mason Twist/ p#2 run w/ rock / p3 Merken
p1 Flutter/ p#2 run w/ rock / p3 Seal Jack
3 man Plank Merken- few audibles regarding method, but settled on the original 3 person
-Similar to Indian run formation, but legs on shoulders of fellow man.
-Do 3 push ups and move from back to front
Mosey back to the parking lot
1 MOM- getting your moneys worth
Boat / Canoe
– This was my first Q at Centurion, sorry if my head was in the clouds this AM. This head and chest cold w/ addition to some good meds from the DR and no hops, it’s not the flu (I was tested), I just felt slightly out of it. Either way, thanks for allowing me to lead, I always have fun putting a workout together.
– I can’t even tell you who arrived at exactly 0530 (maybe later). Nice Job boys. I intended to run and pick you up with the rest of the Pax, but I realized when I said run to 51, they took the shorter route- well played.
– I heard some mumble chatter for using a new wall at Walgreens, hope you liked it. It looked good on my recon trip so I wanted to spend sometime there.
– Ok, YHC took a lot of crap about his F3 handle, many of you seem to be cheese coinsures:) I think I also overheard comments about finger tip pull ups on the wall. The wall was textured making them harder, but I found if you were creative with you position, it wasn’t so bad.
-Apparently a few pax had concern on my form on occasion and was also counting my pull ups (Mic Check)..like I said, head cold, just tying to remember what was next.
– I was proud that at least one team picked a “boulder” for the relay race. Please sound off if someone took a small one.
– Since numbers did not workout, I got to partner with our solo rucker- Udder and we made the best out of swapping the ruck v rock. Sorry Udder, I had a party foul and set the Ruck down (several times)- my bad!
– F3 has a discount for the Spartan Race on March 23, I am doing all 3 this year and would like to have more Area 51 guys out there.
– GoRuck there is STILL time to get in, but please hurry. Go to webpage for details
– BRR this will close out soon…see our website