As the rain started to come down, 12 men, including several FNGs to the workout, gathered in the South Charlotte Middle parking lot for the weekly dose of #F3FastTwitch. Here’s a look at what we accomplished this morning.
Leave the parking lot and run down the dirt road behind the baseball field, take the right field entrance to the field and circle up in centerfield for a little warmup:
- SSHs – 20 (cadence)
- IWs – 20 (cadence)
- Squats – 20 (cadence)
- Merkins – 20 (cadence)
Exit the field off the third base side gate and run the sidewalk toward the football field. A little impromptu stop off by the hand rails for 20 supine pull-ups (these bars proved a little awkward for this exercise…but we did them anyway). Continue our way down to the track.
- 3/4 speed jog around the track
- Full speed run around the track
- 3/4 speed job around the track
- Full speed run around the track
- Plank it up until all the Pax finish
Mosey onto the football field for some exercises and speed work. Line it up along the goalpost. Complete the called exercise. Run 120yds to the other goalpost. Complete the called exercise again. Run it back the 120yds. Plank. Called exercises:
- 10 groiners
- 20 merkins
- 30 jump squats (crowd pleaser)
- 40 LBCs
- 50 suicide drills (O2 depriver)
- 40 dollies
- 30 jumping lunges
- 20 merkin jacks
- 10 burpees
Run it out with a little 3/4 speed jog the length of the field. Sprint it back, with all you got left. A call to repeat that by the Q was halted with a timeout (see below). Mosey to the parking lot for COT.
- The Men of Fast Twitch further distanced themselves from the SOBs with a big effort today. After plugging this workout into an algorithm for converting yards to miles and for counting total exercise reps, YHC has determined that the Pax ran in between 2.5 and 3.0 miles this morning (mostly speed work) and completed 680 exercise reps (including the warmup). Nice work gentlemen!
- YHC tried to push the Pax into overtime this morning. YHC wishes he could say it was from Q over exuberance…but it was mainly from O2 deprivation. YHC remembered the 0515 start time…but things got fuzzy around the 0600 stop time. Fortunately, 49er was there to remind YHC with a subtle “My watch says 6:02”.
- Not a lot of chatter out there this morning and, other than a few calls for audibles during the jump squats and for mutiny during the final burpees, there weren’t any workout incidents that YHC can think of to note here. Sound off in the comments if I missed anything moleskin worthy.
- It is worth noting that the track was overtaken by the Run for Life clipboarder group during the middle of our gassers on the football field. Pretty sure all the ladies in that group ran slower times today, as they appeared to stop quite often to check out the Men of Fast Twitch. But we pressed on.
- Upon arrival, YHC did notice Spackler heading down to what appeared to be the track. Upon his return, YHC asked him if he had done a few warmup laps. The reply was no, that he had taken care of some business in the on-site restroom. This actually proved more beneficial than some warmup laps, as Spackler displayed a lot of speed and agility out there this morning with a lighter cargo load.
- A special welcome to all the new guys at the #F3FastTwitch workout today. Keep coming out! And we certainly missed our leaders, Sprague and Turkey Leg. And Joker, who was a late Q scratch due to a strained calf…get better man! 49er and Frasier need you guys, as they mainly ran out front by themselves this morning. Strong!
- Thanks for letting me lead.
- July 4th convergence at South CLT Middle – 0700
- Check out #F3Anvil tomorrow morning at Calvary – 0530
- New workout #F3Outland launching in Indian Trail at Sun Valley HS on 7/13 – 0700 (Note: The 7/13 launch is a convergence with #F3Area51 workout)
- New KB and gear workout, #F3Foxhole, launching on 7/8 at Elon Park Elementary – 0530
About the author