15 pax (including an FNG – Juicy Fruit (Owen W.)) posted at Elizabeth Lane Elementary for the last Meathead before we start sharing the parking lot with over-achieving and underappreciated teachers.
- 20 swings OYO
- 3 halos each way OYO
- 20 swings OYO
- 3 prying squats
- 20 swings OYO
For all sets below, rep recommendations vary by KB size: <=35 is 5 reps, 35-45 is 3 reps, >45 is 1 rep. Adjust intensity by adding reps or bell size as needed. There’s plenty of rest, so focus on quality reps.
- 5 x 1 arm swings (L)
- 1 clean, 1 squat, 1 press (L)
- 5 x merkins
Repeato at the top of the next minute with the right arm. EMOTM for 10 minutes. After the first 2-3 rounds, High Tide reminded the Q that we did 3 reps on the clean/squat/press complex, so that suggestion was made to the pax.
Pull-up set at the playground:
- 3-5 x pull-ups (good form)
- 1-5 x snatch, 1-5 x overhead triceps extensions, 1-5 x biceps curls
EMOTM for 10 minutes.
Partner up by bell size for a doubles set:
- 1-5 clean
- 1-5 press (per side)
- 1-5 front squat
- 1-5 renegade row (per side)
- 1-5 deep merkin on the bells
Partners flapjack every :30 seconds for
10 12 minutes. If this is too easy, use a bigger bell or increase reps.
Time. Thanks to Stone Cold for the take out in COT.
- HOPE challenge – please read about it here. Please ask pax to share (if they’re so inclined) in COT at your workouts. YHC forgot to mention it until now. #cobains, PJ!
- Crane Relay – this is the last week to sign up for the first annual Crane Relay, being hosted by our brothers in Ballantyne. Read about it and sign up here.
- Come on out to Kevlar tomorrow for High Tide’s Q!
- Sign up to Q at Meathead. YHC has been bad about getting Qs lined up in advance, so let me know if you’ve got an urge to Q and I’ll put you on the list. If we don’t have a Q, we’ll just do 45 minutes of swings and Turkish get-ups, so sign up! We’re wide open starting on 9/6 (the day before BRR).
- After traveling a bit last week and slacking on the site Q planning part of my job, High Tide was kind enough to bail me out on last week’s Q. No such luck this week, so the pax were stuck with a recycled/modified version of a workout from last month. Since only 3 of us posted to that workout, it was still new to most of the pax. Hopefully everyone got their money’s worth.
- Welcome to our FNG, Juicy Fruit. He’s recently returned to the South (from Tennessee, but has been in California for several years) and was referred by What Did. His name was derived from the Western Kentucky University mascot, Big Red. He borrowed a bell, but knew how to swing it, so he was good to go. We hope to see you back out there soon!
- Stone Cold, High Tide, and the Q decided that sleep is overrated and met for a 5am pre-run (Meat runner). MAD was there as well, circling the parking lot with his ruck. Geraldo had pre-tweeted a 4:50 pre-ruck, but missed it (although he made the beatdown), so MAD did his own pre-ruck.
- The Sparta crew did a fly-by as we wrapped up the first set and were relocating to the playground for the second set. If they’d stuck around a little longer, they could have grabbed some bells and joined us for some pull-ups and snatches. Next time, Gypsy! #0.0milesbutlotsofwork #werekeepinghorsehead
- It was good to see Wolf Man out there again. #kotters. Horsehead also made his triumphant return to Meathead and resisted the siren calls of his Sparta buddies during their raid on our position. It was good to have Bundle back out at Meathead as well. The young crew (Homer, Floatie, and Chuck Wagon) were back and getting after it as well. We hope you all keep coming back!
- Horsehead complained about the music and Geraldo liked the music. You can’t please everybody all the time.
- I’m not sure if it was the pre-run or the cold I’m almost done with, but I wasn’t too aware of what was going on out there this morning during the workoug. Everyone was putting in solid work and High Tide commented about some refusenicking (what else is new at an F3 workout?), but I don’t have any more juicy details. Feel free to chime in below if you’ve got something I missed or forgot.