7 pax posted at Meathead Thursday morning to get their recommended daily allowance of iron. YHC had pre-tweeted that we (i) would have music and (ii) might hit legs, but that the weinke was still under consideration. I had some ideas when I went to bed on Wednesday, then woke up early and did a little more research. I settled on a full body routine that was pretty heavy on the chest and shoulders. #falseadvertising#1 It went something like this.
- SSH x 10 IC
- 20 swings OYO pax choice re: 1H or 2H
- Halos x 3 each way
- Prying squats x 2
Set 1: 4 + 4 x 4 (4 reps each arm of four different exercises) – during the first set of exercises, Fault Line reminded YHC that there were no tunes #falseadvertising#2
- Single arm swing
- Racked squat
Set 2: 5 + 5 (each exercise done for each arm, then switch arms)
- 5 x C+P
- 5 x C+P, 5 x snatch
- 5 x C+P, 5 x snatch, 5 + high pull
- 5 x C+P, 5 x snatch, 5 + high pull, 5 upright row (both hands)
Set 3: 10 x 10
- 10 swings (pax choice re: 1H or 2H)
- 10 merkins
Repeato for 10 rounds – 100 swings and 100 merkins
- 3 rounds of 5+5 dead stop snatches (that’s 5 per side)
Jack Webb – kettlebell edition – 1 merkin + 1 lawnmower per side (2 total), 2 merkins + 2 lawnmowers per side (4 total), etc. up to 10 merkins + 10 lawnmowers per side (10 total)
- 50 2H swings, 4 C+P per side
- 25 2H swings, 3 C+P per side
- 15 2H swings, 2 C+P per side
- 10 2H swings, 1 C+P per side (time permitting)
Time. Thanks to Wild Turkey for the take out in COT.
- Christina Latini 8k is scheduled for April 21. This is in support of Olive, who lost his daughter suddenly a couple of years ago. It benefits Operation Sweet Tooth and sign ups are here.
- Smokey Mountain Relay is the same weekend. Reach out to Cheese Curd or Cheddar on Slack if you’re interested in running. I’m not sure if they have openings, but you can ask if you’re a
- A solid crew of regulars posted at Meathead this morning. YHC has been remiss about scheduling Qs (Purell next week), so decided to take this one himself. The creative juices weren’t flowing this week, so I was thinking about recycling an older workout that made me sore for a few days. However, I remember High Tide telling me recently that he’d never recycled a workout and I started to feel guilty. I checked out some Instagram feeds (@sokolstrong is one of my favorites) and reviewed some old backblasts from some of the greats (Tiger Rag, Brown, etc.) and pulled this together from what I found. While it got most of the body, YHC’s chest and shoulders seem to be feeling it the most.
- Alf and Prohibition brought the mumblechatter this morning, which is always welcome. When I arrived, Alf was saying something about not needing multiple bells and telling the pax not to feel pressured into bringing a selection. I gave him a dirty look while proceeding to unload my 5 bell selection for the day. #andIusedthemall I offered Prohibition access to one of my 5 bells and he politely declined. Little does he know the 35# bell is the gateway drug and soon he will be buying a 20kg and a 24kg. They didn’t just work their mouths though, they swung some metal. Alf enjoyed all of the merkins because he’s a weirdo. And he has the short arm advantage. #TRex
- Wild Turkey brought some heat to his Q last week and came back for more this week. He was crushing the reps and once again pointed out that most of my alternative/grunge musical heroes ended up overdosing on heroin. #debbiedowner #dontdodrugs
- YHC welcomed Fault Line back as a #kotters at the beginning of the workout and he promptly informed me that he had posted a few weeks ago and I wasn’t there. #oops Regardless, it was great to see him and he was working hard.
- As part of their new Fast Twitch co-site Q contract, Purell and Rachael are required to post together all week. Thankfully, they’ve chosen Meathead as their Thursday
man-date workout. They’ve been posting regularly and I’m pretty sure that’s why they’re so fast. Hear that, runners!
- Thanks for coming out and following my lead. We’re always looking for Qs, so please let me know if there’s an upcoming Thursday that works for your schedule. Hopefully we can get some of the usual suspects to start coming back out. I’m looking at you, Bulldog, Horsehead, Witch Doctor, and Swiss Miss! Heck, I’ll even throw Tiger Rag, Brown, Chanel, Bananas, and Busch in there!