It was a cold November morning. Only Snowflake and Ice9 were in the parking lot as the clock approached 6:30. The unpersuaded, unmotivated men of Union County were slumbering off a turkey-induced haze, allowing the previous days’ meals to congeal. Then Ben Stein’s Money pulled in, and the three set off. Here is what they did:
- Mosey behind the school
- People’s chair (with legs up and such)
- Three rounds of rump-slappers (Red Dogs™) interspersed with incline merkins
- Mosey to see that the tennis courts are locked — pretend that was intentional and come across a medium hill. Plankorama
- 5 minutes of hills. (Run up and down the hill for 5 minutes.)
- Mosey to visiting team area
- Bear crawls
- Crab walks
- Some minutes of Mary (LBCs, low slow flutters, heels to heaven, bicycle — lots of failure)
- More lunges
- Mosey to flag planted in raised brick walls that freeze easily
- Squats (a lot of them) and step-ups (a lot of them, too)
- Dips and incline merkins for mercy
- Three minutes of burpees (actually until the Q hit 50)
- Mosey to the track
- Backward runs
- Monster walks
- Pull-ups on Weddington’s pull-up bar (yes, you read that right)
- Forward runs
- Go back to start with:
- shuttle runs
- bear crawls
- 15 merkin pit stops (about 4 of them)
- Great morning to workout in the cold
- Though we had three men, what is better than starting the morning by working out with two of your closet friends? Not much. Not much indeed.
- Ben Stein’s money hung in during some work that was making Ice9’s legs a little shaky. Look out for him. He is a man.
- Snowflake was his usual, ridiculous, respect-earning self. He was just showing off on the pull-up bars.
- Intimidator had an excused absence for a torqued back, and promises to be back Saturday.
- I hear Hot Pants had a fire to attend.
- We are still waiting on Dave Prosser and Steve Wrona — each has promised to attend, but needs a little time to get up his respective courage.
Thanks to Money for the take out.