22 men [at least I think they were all men… frankly it was too dark to tell for sure] gathered in the humid gloom of Death Valley for a poorly planned but a well executed morning workout.
The Thang [abbreviated style]
-LBC… yep, three sets of those
-Imperial Walker, Dolly and Flutter… of course, these are required elements
-Mason Twists… one set, for fun
-Dips and Supine [sp??] Pull-Ups… three sets of each, 60 total reps
-Squats… for sure, about six sets in total, but who is really keeping track anyway
-Merkins… 323 total [assuming you were able to get in the full 50 merkins that Runstopper demanded when he hijacked my Q]
-Gassers on the football field… 120 yards out, with some merkins at the far goal post, then 120 yards back… as follows:
- 50% run out and back
- 75% run out and back
- 100% run out and back
- Backpedal out, run back
- Karaoke out, run back
- Karoake out, run back
- So, I really didn’t plan this workout, I just let it come to me like an improvisational jazz player. I knew we’d get in some merkins and I knew we’d get in some sprints… and, we did.
- Bulldog and Bananas were their usual talkative selves today. They’ve just got a lot to say, even at 0530. Some chatter from Bulldog this morning about missing the partner exercises that I introduced at the convergence workout on July 4, 2013. I may bring those back just for him.
- Runstopper was determined to show as much of his body today as possible. Lot’s of “short lifting” and “shirt raising” going on. But that is why we love him.
- Death Valley gets real dark on certain mornings. I swear there were times this morning when I couldn’t see anyone except the guy on either side of me.
- You know, it’s becomed pretty common place for guys to use their I Phone voice recorder to keep track of PAX names in the COT. Well, I’m a Blackberry guy [possibly their last customer], so that just isn’t an option for me. I did get a headstart on things by writing down about 75% of the PAX names PRIOR to the workout… on my old school pad of paper.