Despite all the complaints in the pre-blast, we set a new record with 26 men opting to take on the hilly starfish.
- Brief COP in parking lot
- Warm-up run to RainTree, right, up to top of hill at intersection with 4mile creek
- This is the center of the 3-leg starfish, running to: (1) Providence Rd, (2) bottom of short hill on 4mi Creek, (3) bottom of hill on RainTree at first entrance to country club
- 10 hand-release merkins at each point; 5 burpees in middle of starfish
- Repeat starfish, leave in time to return by 6:15
Mileage: 5.5 – 6.3, depending on # of legs completed
- Great crowd rolled in this morning despite the threatening pre-blast, felt like an army for Fast Twitch.
- Provided for some good 2nd F early on was short lived by the time we completed our warm-up run to the center of the starfish
- We ought to call TR the “Q Whisperer” for conveniently trying to dilute the workout where desired with “adjusted” instructions when he repeats for others. Good call though on the revised departure; may have never made it back if we left at 6:08.
- In any case, pPax understood the need to head back and first train back appeared to take an early exit, departing the starfish around 5:55
- Last train left around 6:05 for a seemingly endless indian run that appeared to degrade by the time we arrived at Woodfox into an AYG back to the parking lot
- Welcome FNG Ponce – hope to see you out again soon!
- I’m inspired by the larger and larger crowds that seem to be converging on Fast Twitch, despite even the most threatening pre-blasts. Truly honored – hope it keeps up after the BRR. Lots of races this Fall!
- Thanks all for witnessing the ice bucket challenge – I highly recommend doing it this summer and not waiting until December. Seriously, its a great cause – and you are all now officially nominated to take the challenge and nominate others at your workouts.
- Convergence workout upcoming for those preparing for BRR; see weekly email
- Flex on Monday will have a “van recovery session” for those participating in BRR. Bring sticks, rollers, etc. Vaseline optional.
- F3 Greensboro launching in October