24 PAX with 1 FNG leapt into the gloom for a Honey Bee and Skywalker one-two punch to the gut to get the week started off right.
Honey Bee Lead
Little Baby Jog to school (0.5 mi)
– SSH x 30
– IW x 30
– Mr. Miagi’s x 20
– Merkin / Peter Parkers x 15
Indian run around school – 2 lines
Set 1: Standard Merkins x 12, LBC x 12, Superman – One arm / one leg high plank x 12
Set 2: Diamond Merkins x 12, Dolly x 12, Peter Parker x 12
Set 3: Dive Bomber Merkins x 12, Rosalita x 12, Parker Peter x 12
Set 4: Wide Merkins x 12, Dying Cockroach x 12, Glute bridge march x 12
Little Baby Jog back to Carmel Neighborhood Park (0.5 mi)
Line up at near side end zone of football field and partner up (size didn’t matter)
– Partner 1: Squats, Partner 2: 100 yds and back – Flapjack until 100 cumulative reps
– Partner 1: Dolly, Partner 2: 100 yds and back – Flapjack until 100 cumulative reps
– Partner 1: Burpees, Partner 2: 100 yds and back – Flapjack until 50 cumulative reps
– Plank-o-rama between sets – 10 count at the end to prevent the spillage of merlot
One last COP with 4 Minutes of Mary
– Dolly x 30
– Hold it!
– Slow Flutter x 20
– Hold it!
– And the best words YHC heard all day – Recover…
The Naked Moleskin:
The Dirty MacDeuce seemed to be a #crowdpleaser with great participation of the PAX especially in keeping YHC honest at the end when O2 deprivation was creeping in and the cadence was going south. There were some good comments on the run back to the park. Hops mentioned he heard just the right amount of groans and Jamboree thought it was a good full body workout.
That was all before Skywalker went intergalactic on the PAX when we took the field at the park. Squats and Dolly were a good pairing with the 100 yd (2x) dash, but the Burpee/dash combo had even the runners in the group gasping for gloom. The final Mary COP was a painful final touch and had the PAX begging for mercy by the second “hold it” call. #crowdpleaser
Welcome to FNG Mike Jackson (World Tour). He really “beat it” out there today during a real “thriller”… Ok enough with the references, but great job out there and we look forward to seeing you again in the gloom.
– New workout (Anvil) beginning this Wednesday (6/19) 5:30 am start at Calvary Church
– Gear workout on Mondays at Elon Park and Boot Camp workout on Saturdays in Indian Trail beginning in July. Expect to see more details on those workouts in the coming weeks.