14 big hairy men found their limits today while running around in circles or lying down. Today was personal record day at bagpipe which meant pushing just a little harder than usual.
Warm up: 30 side straddle hops
Merkins personal record in cadence: Go to your max, then pause for five, then come back in. The group went to 30, pause, 5 more, pause, 5 more. 80 regular count push-ups ain’t bad, but we can do better!
Mosey to pull up bars. Partner up. Partner assist to 15 pull ups, then squats. Repeato.
Mosey to dip wall on the shore of Loch Ness. Dips personal record in cadence: Group went to 20, pause, plus 5 more. (These were full dips, Tiger Rag!) 10 decline merkins to recover.
Mosey to parking lot for Mary personal record. Good ol fashioned seated crunches. Group went to 30, pause, 5 more, pause, 5 more.
Mosey back to Loch Ness for 1 mile personal record run. 3.3 laps of loch ness = 1 mile. We just can’t have those Fast Twitch boys getting ahead of us. Because we are tougher, we use a more demanding course. Look out Joker!
FNG Unfair 6:05
Honey Bee 6:37
Mighty Mite 7:13
Market Timer 7:23
Puppy Love 7:23
Fireman Ed 9:00
Mosey back to parking lot for some Q school. Circle up; each member of the pax take the lead with an exercise with perfect diction and cadence.
Can’t remember all the exercises but we got through 10 of the pax. Fireman finished us off with heels to the heavens for a 25 count. Brutal!
– A painful day but we got a lot in.
– Awesome gains being made by Chipotle, Long Distance, and Fillmont. Good to see!!
– Backdraft called diamond merkins on Q school circle. YHC kryptonite – Backdraft knocked them out. Impressive!
– FNG Unfair shows up for his first session, crushes us all on the one mile, then informs us that he is 20 and plays varsity soccer for Boston. Awesome performance, and well named by Fireman Ed!
– Mighty Mite on Q next week. He enthusiastically mentioned that he is brimming with new ideas, so should be a good one.
About the author