Twenty six big, hairy American winning machines layeth the smacketh down at Area 51’s newest workout, The Maul (even though we are meeting at a power center, not a mall…just play along).
- Mosey to the parking lot (one of just a few paved spaces in our new digs)
- SSH x 20
- I-Walker x 20
- Slow-Mo Squats x 25
- Perfect Merkins x 10
- Mosey to wall (good morning to Matlock, passing in the Benz)
- 11’s: Wall Jumps / Dips
- Walking plank around portion of fountain. Left, then Right.
- 50/50’s: 50 yard sprint/10 merkins, repeato up to 50 merkins
- Mosey to loading dock, U-Turn so as not to rouse the #SleepingTrucker. Sweet dreams, Rubber Duck. Mosey to dew-covered, steep hill at back of theater.
- Let us contemplate steep hill with a 2 minute People’s Chair
- Old School Jacob’s Ladder: 1-7 burpees.
- Abort Old School Jacob’s Ladder. Men down! Abort! Back to loading dock in silent mode, like a Prius in space.
- Speed Bump Burpees. Sprint to Speed Bump, 5 burpees. Six speed bumps.
- Circle up and hold 6″ waiting for Mary.
- Low/Slow Flutter x 15
- Slow Dolly x 15
- Slow Rosalita x 16
- One legged flutter dolly x 10L
- Other-legged flutter dolly x 11
- LBC x 16 (legs at 90 degrees, uncrossed)
- Speed Bump Mosey Sprints: mosey to 1st bump, All You Got to 2nd, mosey to 3rd, AYG to 4th, repeat.
- Plank to regroup
- Mosey back to start
- Test run of next week’s hill x 1 (Success)
- F3 is free, but not cheap. It costs you sleep. It costs you comfort. It costs you pride (but builds it at the same time). And despite that–or perhaps, more accurately, BECAUSE of it–twenty six men gather to run around in the Target parking lot. You wouldn’t come if it wasn’t hard. This is a good thing.
- 3x Claps to all who supported the new effort. Last week’s count at DV was 50. This week’s Wednesday counts at 59. Addition by Division.
- More Russian chauffeurs spotted at A51. Thanks to Peekup Andropov for hauling the 2.0’s, Infield and Manners, to and from the workout. Perhaps sensing a emotional car-jacking, Andropov peeled out of there on two wheels. Come join us next time. It’s free….
- Trending: Open Pit Action (OPA) shirts. Baracus yesterday, Brown today. Pose Down Season approaching.
- Radar must have spiked the Grape Ne-Hi with some 5 hour energy. Killing it on the Speed Bump Sprints.
- Most were secretly hoping to see someone go in the fountain during the 11’s. Some not so secretly hoping. Agree with Sprague–those walls were not regulation (though not as bad as C-Rock).
- Welcome to (yet another) Bananas EH: FNG Strawberry (last name Fields). Your lifelong dream of doing sprints in a loading dock have been fulfilled.
- HDHH at 1800 – 1930 at Vintner’s Wine Market at Arb.
- A51 Convergence at The Rock Saturday, 0700 – 0800. NO WORKOUTS at Stonehenge or Area 51 (McKee) on Saturday due to Mud Run.
About the author