There’s nothing like 35 brothers getting after it in the pre-dawn hours. The shovel flag was firmly planted, and then Cheese Curd and Stagecoach delivered the PAIN.
From CC: “Thanks for celebrating my b-day in the gloom. It was a pleasure to get the day started with you all!”
- Jog (with a slight “Dolphin” dash) around parking lot and what I thought was a grassy area (watch out for potholes)
- SSH x 37
- Imperial Walker x 37
Jog to base of stairs near baseball field for partner wheel barrel up the steps. Just 1 time thru for each partner. We have other cool stuff to get to.
Say goodbye to your partner and split into two groups: group 1 with Cheese Curd, group 2 with Stagecoach (start with sprints). No flapjacks half way thru this time…stay with your QIC for entire workout.
Mosey to baseball fields
First Circuit x 2
- Rails hops (all the way to the bottom)
- Dips x20
- Bunny Hops
Second Circuit x2
- Stadium bleacher cross-over to the right (picture decline merkin plank moving from end to end on the bleacher)
- Squats x30
- Stadium bleacher cross-over to the left
Third Circuit- Bleacher Obstacle
- Crest the rear of the bleacher and 10 decline merkins
- Rinse and repeat
Plank in between circuits until all PAX is done.
Sprinting and Core:
Mosey to football/futball (as Bulldog would say) field and line up at one end
- Sprint 200 yards, then 20 LBC’s
- Sprint 200 yards, then 20 Dolly
- Sprint 200 yards, then 20 Bicycles
- Sprint 200 yards, then 20 Parker Peter’s
Cheese Curd’s group:
- 100 yard sprint, LBC’s-37
- 200 yard sprint, Dying Cockroaches-37
- 100 yard sprint, Bicycles-37
Thankfully no more sprinting
Mosey to the hill for 11’s:
1 Merkin at bottom of hill, then 10 Jump Squats at top of hill
2 Merkins at bottom, 9 Jump Squats at top
You get the idea.
Audible: Stagecoach saved his group from this misery about 75% of the way thru so we could stay on schedule.
- CC’s group got in wall plank peter parkers, People’s Chair, J-Lo’s and bicycles (37 of course)
- SC’s group worked in wall planks, wall mountain climbers and people’s chair as extras
Entire group came back together for COT
- It was great to have Cheese Curd Q on his 37th birthday.
- QIC’s tried to do some obstacle work this AM, so we tried a couple new things with the bleachers, hope you liked them.
- On the obstacles, Psycho T was apparently thinking back to his days of jumping over offensive linemen. #destroytheqb
- We contemplated whether we should do 1 or 2 trips of partner wheelbarrows up the stairs. We stuck with 1, however I think it was #crowdpleaser, so we’ll do a few more next time!
- Pretty quiet group today once we got moving…must have been the O2 deprivation.
- There were suggestions and gift offerings of 37 burpees. Sounds like Bulldog still owes CC some burpees!
- HDHH tonight – 6 pm at Vintner Wine Market at Arboretum
- Devils Turn on Thursday – 5:15 for 6 miles, 5:30 for 4 miles
- Kevlar workout on Friday – Covenant Day, 5:30
- Centurion workout on Friday – Charlotte Catholic High School, 5:30
- Saturday workouts on normal schedule.
- Mall Cop and Hops will be leading a mud run training workout at the Rock on Saturday. Part of it will be off-campus, so don’t be late!
- Only 2 ½ weeks until go time for the #leatherneckmudrun